The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Computerized Shower

by tanningsalonstogo / February 18, 2010 3:00 AM PST

I have been looking to remodel my bathroom and I found these computerized steam showers. They have radios a whole bunch of features built in what do you guys think?

If anyone has bought on or has a friend that has I would really appreciate their experience because its a pretty expensive purchase.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Computerized Shower
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Computerized Shower
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Think I've seen this on TV...
by hollyhock / February 19, 2010 1:18 AM PST
In reply to: Computerized Shower

I think I saw something like this once on TV. I believe it was on a show like House Hunters (might have even been that show). A woman was looking for a new home for her and her kids. I could have sworn the master bathroom had something like this one:

Honestly... It looked kind of silly. It really stood out and looked a bit like an alien spaceship. lol I'm not saying that it's not cool and has interesting features but like you said it is a lot of money. Make sure to consider resale as well. YOU may love it but someone else may not. Might drop the value of your bathroom to some people.

Post more info if you go for it!

Collapse -
by tanningsalonstogo / February 19, 2010 11:08 AM PST

There is an Alcove shower unit. The Ariel Platinum DZ972F9 steam shower I talked to a sales rep today and that is the unit he recommended to me. He gave me a really good price and I spoke to my builder today and a comparable custom steam shower would cost me over $9000.00 I think I am going to go this route. I will post pictures of the finished product.

Collapse -
by hollyhock / February 19, 2010 11:00 PM PST
In reply to: Shower

That one looks much sleeker than the big round spaceship one. I can totally see this model fitting in with a nice bathroom. Good luck!

Collapse -
steam shower
by theshowerdude / May 25, 2010 2:48 AM PDT

yeah these things are pretty legit, i think having the music + steam and color changing lights n stuff on top of the fact that its a dope shower already just makes this thing a awesome deal for what it is... think about how much it would cost to build a steam room, add color changing lighting, then add a stereo system.... thats prob $10k + easy .
i just helped my brother in law install this one

and he let me use it a couple times and now im looking into buying one for myself.

Collapse -
Steam Shower
by 5GlitterGirl75 / July 26, 2010 2:36 PM PDT
In reply to: steam shower

Looks cool!

Collapse -
steam shower
by directorybot / October 25, 2010 12:16 AM PDT
In reply to: steam shower

hope someday i may try it too..

Collapse -
your reply
by droidbeing / December 22, 2010 8:08 AM PST

I have owned a steam shower for quite some time, be sure you buy one that is certified by ETL for the electronics and UPC certification on the plumbing parts.

I bought mine from this site

what kind of other questions did you have?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.