Computer Help forum

General discussion

Computer takes forever to boot up

by blew92 / June 3, 2009 1:18 PM PDT

Recently my computer has taken a very long time to boot up. It gets past the Windows loading screen fine, but it spends an abnormally long time with a view of my desktop, sans the windows taskbar and icons. I am running Windows XP with SP3, and I have run scans with AVG, Antivir, Adaware and Spybot, (not all installed at once) to no avail. What could be causing this delay in startup? In addition, quite often windows explorer will crash when I am trying to navigate my hard drives. Could this be a result of too many additions to the right click context menu?

any help is appreciated

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Computer takes forever to boot up
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Computer takes forever to boot up
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hope so this may work!
by vigneshiyers / June 3, 2009 9:25 PM PDT

Click Start>Run>Type msconfig>Startup.
Try disabling one and restart the computer, and see if it speeds up. If not try disabling the second option....and so on until the speed becomes all right. This task may be boring but worth trying. Good luck.

Collapse -
Check msconfig but don't just start disabling things
by eelydnic / June 7, 2009 2:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Hope so this may work!

While I agree that you need to look through the start-ups, I have to disagree with you on the point of disabling each service until it speeds up. This could be quite dangerous if you don't know what you're disabling!
I recommend checking one of the many start-up programs sites to determine which ones are safe to disable or not.

Some good sites are...

Another option is to simply google the progam info to see what it's for.

Collapse -
Cnet help
by jeff_windows_team / June 4, 2009 3:01 AM PDT
Collapse -
Maybe This Is The Link You're Referrring To ?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / June 5, 2009 6:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Cnet help
Collapse -
computer takes forever
by bigd6281 / June 5, 2009 12:42 AM PDT

Try Run>msconfig> startup

you can also delete old cache

and cleaning shortcuts on your desktop

Collapse -
Computer takes forever to boot
by cnet5632 / June 5, 2009 12:17 PM PDT

Recently I experienced a problem with my PC booting up extremely slow.
It took the better part of 10 minutes to boot. This was caused by my PC (P4 HT CPU) using 100% of it's processing power to load certain programs. I was able to resolve the issue by going to the START button, selecting Help and Support, Use tools to view your computer information and diagnose problems. Then I selected System Configuration Utility in the left window pain then Open System Configuration Utility. Select the Startup Tab. Look for the InstallShield files issch.exe and isuspm.exe. If you find either or both of these files in the Startup Tab list, uncheck them, click apply then OK. Reboot your machine as directed. After rebooting if all seems well you can put a check in the box that says do not show this box again and all is well. InstallShield from time to time when it updates itself or installs a program loads these files without your permission and a slow PC boot is usually the result. If this doesn't work you can follow the same procedure to uncheck files that load at startup one by one until you find the culprit causing the problem. Hope all goes well, good luck.

Collapse -
by Dango517 / June 5, 2009 1:45 PM PDT

Run Check Disk and Defragmentation.

When it runs does it act erratically having minor glitches, slow downs, hangs, etcetera, never in the same place? If so, does the hard drive make noise of any kind?. If so, replace hard drive.

If not .....

Maybe corrupt file. Sad Not good. 10 minutes is a long time. Maybe time to start over by reinstalling OS as a clean installation. Do back ups first!

This thread untracked.

Collapse -
Couple of after thoughts
by Dango517 / June 5, 2009 1:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Try

Does this PC have lots of RAM in it? Expect slow starts with lots of RAM. 2+ GBs is a lot.

Are all the SPs up to date on this PC? If not, install them. Currently XP is running SP3.

Collapse -
Trouble in hardware detection.
by banshdharm / June 5, 2009 4:21 PM PDT

From your description it appears that the computer faces some problem in hardware detection. If you have multiple hard disks remove the extra hard disks one by one and see if a particular hard disk causes the problem. Similarly test each hardware to pinpoint the cause of delay in booting. If the problem is caused by any software you can ascertain that by booting in safe mode.

Collapse -
Services.msc and msconfig help
by waseca kid / June 5, 2009 10:00 PM PDT

For an comparison of the two go to
Using services.msc will speed up your computer. I used service.msc and went from about 8 minutes to 1 minute boot with XP Pro. It works best to review the listing of about 80 processes found on the above web site on one computer while you disable un-needed processes on the second computer. If in doubt, leave the process as it was.

Collapse -
Explorer may have hanged.
by mikebliv / June 7, 2009 10:20 PM PDT

Something similar happened to me. Beyond the one minute or two that the system should have become responsive, the taskbar and a few icons on the desktop would still not display. This is a sign of explorer.exe hanging. I usually bring up the task manager and 'end task' explorer, then select File > New Task (Run...) and type 'explorer.exe'. This will relaunch the taskbar and complete the display of the desktop.

Since this problem only happened after a full boot, and I always used hibernate, it didn't affect me much. The issue eventually disappeared by itself. Have you installed something recently that litters Windows with various services and settings (e.g. iTunes + Quicktime)? Try removing Quicktime. I've had explorer crashing whenever it sees a .mov file (and any other associations taken by Quicktime). Admittedly, it was because of an older version of Quicktime that was distributed with my very new HD camcorder.
Also, make sure you have at least 1Gb or RAM or else you deserve the slow start up.

Collapse -
by Persistnt / March 12, 2010 2:33 PM PST

sounds crazy right, is Overkill, right. Do yu hav op system and other disks. After wipe computer then disks will re-install and now yu will hav a fast startup.

Collapse -
IE makes lot of time to start after shutdown OR Reboot
by Xphell / August 7, 2010 9:45 AM PDT

run gpedit.msc /administrative templates/system/and if download missing components is not configured make it enabled ,disable google add ons(toolbar etc..) and after 2 rebboots go again to gpedit make the value not configured and enable google adds again.Good luck!

Collapse -
boot up
by vat55 / August 29, 2010 2:52 PM PDT

this computer was on a a small bussiness i had . I took is out and try to have it on a stand alone but i need help with it i think i have to change something so that is would work better

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.