Computer Help forum

General discussion

computer goes idle while using it

by sum1sumwhere / February 20, 2013 12:56 PM PST

my computer goes idle while using it no matter if u r playing games,using web,or even if typing it has done 3 times so far. when this happens u can right click and it will let u move again but then it happens again and again.i have also noticed my anti-virus software can no longer be launched at all but it is still in my programs all i get is could not launch page but in task manager it will say it is running and i have to end it and send error report.now every time my page goes idle a little shortcut icon in the lower task comes up over and over for the anti-virus.this is driving my crazy and makes even playing games a huge headach please help if able thanks.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: computer goes idle while using it
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: computer goes idle while using it
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What is it?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 21, 2013 1:03 AM PST

Besides the lack of what this machine is, OS and more you should tell more about the idle.

When a PC goes idle, there is no screen showing. No mouse cursor, nothing. The symptoms you describe are not "idle."

Sounds like the machine is infected but you might have more clues to share.
Bob

Collapse -
cpu
by bangaloredatacom / February 21, 2013 3:07 PM PST

while using web or playing games usage of your CPU might be high so, thats the reason for idlesness of your computer.you can play games through trying quality graphics card for your desktop.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.