Windows 8 forum

Question

Compiling error in windows8 in running C++

by suyashhimwan / February 7, 2013 12:10 AM PST

I have window8 OS installed on my laptop. Whenever i compile C++ code it comes with error message g++.exe has stopped working. I want to resolve this issue. I am using DEV C++ compiler to run C++ code.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Compiling error in windows8 in running C++
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Compiling error in windows8 in running C++
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Just wondering....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / February 7, 2013 3:18 AM PST

Why did you post your question in the Cell phones forum ?? Your question has nothing to do with a cell phone.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Yes, but which DEV C++?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 7, 2013 12:15 AM PST
Collapse -
g++.exe stopped working
by suyashhimwan / February 7, 2013 1:13 AM PST

I am using 4.9.9.2 version which is the latest one but i still get the same error.

Collapse -
Keep in mind that not responding is OK in Windows.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 7, 2013 1:17 AM PST

If my app doesn't answer the callbacks it will do that and still work. I usually find that compiling is something quick so I would not expect this UNLESS you are trying this on an non-admin account, changed security in some way or "other."

Try this on a new user account that has admin privileges.

After that you'll have to head to a C++ forum.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
I just did a goofle search and it
by orlbuckeye / February 8, 2013 1:55 AM PST

says that it has problems with Vista and above.

Collapse -
by suyashhimwan / February 8, 2013 6:32 PM PST

No i don't think it has same error in vista because i have used vista also but i didn't find any problem. This type of problem is in WINDOWS 8 only.

Collapse -
Answer
It seems that only you have this issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 9, 2013 1:57 AM PST

Looking around DEV C++ is fine on Windows 8. But your PC is not like others. For example some folk install some security suites and set the protection to high. Some can't install the right 32/64 bit version so here we are. A mystery why your PC has trouble. It's not a Windows 8 issue.
Bob

Collapse -
it's window8 issue only
by suyashhimwan / February 11, 2013 3:19 PM PST

This is not related to any security issue or anything else. Many of my friends are using Windows 8 and they have also the same problem. You can even see on internet that many users have the same problem. I have used DEV C++ well in Windows 7 but now in Windows 8 it's not working. If you have any solution then reply.

Collapse -
Some do have problems.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 12, 2013 12:35 AM PST

As I don't see it here and only had one chance to check it out my thought is that it must be a rare issue. You will find the issue on the internet as whatever it is, folk with the issue will post it.

Stick to the DEV C++ forum as that's where you'll find the answer the fastest. There are other C++ systems such as Turbo C++ Explorer and others at http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/news/145306/

DEC C++ is GPL so if it breaks it's possible for you as a software write to dive in and fix it.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
download Orwell Dev c++
by Boshra_alyemen / March 20, 2014 4:08 AM PDT

Not all versions of Dev C++ will work on windows 8. I had the same problem so I downloaded Orwell Dev C++ and it works fine on Windows 8.1.

You can download it at this url. http://sourceforge.net/projects/orwelldevcpp/

Good luck! Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.