Samsung forum

Question

Color Snow Screen Before Boot Logo on UN55ES6500...?

by toicy4ya / January 14, 2013 6:20 PM PST

Hello everyone,

I purchased a Samsung UN55ES6500 3D Smart TV a few months ago. Initially I connected the power plug to the cable box so the tv would automatically power on/off with the cable box. However, I noticed each time I powered off the cable box, the TV would screen will turn off but I hear a series of 6 clicks coming from the TV. The clicks are the same sound the TV makes when shutting down. I was afraid that this was somehow damaging the TV so I disconnected the power plug from the cable box and plugged it directly to the wall outlet. The cable box now remains on all the time and I only power on/off the TV. That fixed the clicks issue (which I think shouldn't have been happening) but now I have another issue. When I power on the TV I get a colorful snow screen before I get to the "Smart TV" boot screen. It doesnt have every time but it does happen most of the time. Anyone know what might be causing this? Currently my TV is connected to the cable box via component cable only because the HDMI port does to work on the cable box. I tried starting the TV with and without the "Smart TV" to no avail. Anyone know what might be causing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Color Snow Screen Before Boot Logo on UN55ES6500...?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Color Snow Screen Before Boot Logo on UN55ES6500...?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Color Snow Screen Before Boot Logo on UN55ES6500...?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 16, 2013 1:10 AM PST

Hi toicy4ya,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has given you. Could you clarify for me if you're turning the TV completely off at the wall so that no powered is supplied, or are you turning your TV off with its remote or by the panel control stick?

Are there any other problems that you're experiencing, or is it only this colored snow?

HD Tech

Collapse -
(NT) I am using the Samsung tv remote.
by toicy4ya / January 16, 2013 3:03 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Only colored snow; no other symptom, right? -- HD Tech
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 16, 2013 3:57 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Correct.
by toicy4ya / January 16, 2013 5:58 PM PST
Collapse -
Has anyone ever experience this?
by toicy4ya / February 10, 2013 7:29 PM PST
In reply to: Correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Collapse -
Re: Has anyone ever experience this?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 11, 2013 5:29 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.