Download.com Site Feedback

General discussion

cnet tracker plus

by graham98 / November 5, 2010 6:47 PM PDT

Has anyone managed to get the PLUS version to work?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: cnet tracker plus
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: cnet tracker plus
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yes; I've successfully used it for months...
by John.Wilkinson / November 6, 2010 6:00 AM PDT
In reply to: cnet tracker plus

Is there an issue that the members in this forum, or the representatives standing by via the Customer Support Center (link at the bottom of the page) can assist with?

John

Collapse -
I got a full refund
by graham98 / November 10, 2010 3:59 PM PST

They simply refunded my money.

Collapse -
TechTracker Plus
by starsreader / November 10, 2010 7:32 AM PST

I upgraded to the Plus version several weeks ago and the program and website continue to tell me I have not registered any computers or upgraded. I can't get CNET to respond to any requests for assistance and can't get my money back.

Collapse -
Support
by TechTracker_Jamie / November 11, 2010 1:24 AM PST
In reply to: TechTracker Plus

Hello Starsreader,

I just responded to the only support request, under your account, available in our system.

The message you are receiving usually means your computer is listed under another email address you may have registered with CNET.

Regards,
Jamie
CNET TechTracker Support

Collapse -
Issue Resolved
by starsreader / November 11, 2010 3:57 AM PST
In reply to: Support

Jamie, Thank you very much for your assistance! You got everything worked out!

Collapse -
It's not Working for me either....
by Godiva007 / November 12, 2010 9:00 AM PST

I upgraded to the Plus version a couple of days ago, did the download, registered, and it is not working for me either. In fact, I've downloaded and reinstalled a couple of times. Only the free version appears to be installed. CNET_TechTracker_2_Setup was the exec file provided. Is this the right file? Why isn't TechTracker Plus being installed? I'm running Vista with SP2 on a Sony Vaio.

I'd appreciate any help I can get. This program looks to be just what I need.

Collapse -
TechTracker Plus
by TechTracker_Jamie / November 15, 2010 3:04 AM PST

Hello,

For anyone having trouble with their TechTracker Plus features, please take note of the following:

TechTracker Plus is not a separate download, but is enabled by combining your paid Plus license with your TechTracker software, via our servers.

To update your computer with your CNET TechTracker Plus subscription. Please take the following steps:

1. Log out and then back into www.cnet.com/techtracker

2. Run a scan with CNET TechTracker by single-clicking on the TechTracker icon in your Windows launch bar, and selecting "Scan now"

3. When the scan completes, a yellow bubble will pop up. Click on this bubble, or - if you missed it - single-click on the TechTracker icon again and select "Go to my CNET TechTracker page"

4. Re-fresh your CNET TechTracker page

You should now see the "CNET TechTracker Plus+" logo on your results page, as well as the other Plus features which come with your account.

(Note: Very rarely, you'll need to repeat these steps one more time to show the Plus features.)

Regards,
Jamie
CNET TechTracker Support

Collapse -
Jaime, did not work for me...
by steve654 / November 24, 2010 7:33 AM PST

I still do not see a "Plus" account, and am getting fed up wasting my evening on this issue.

Steve

Collapse -
I got a full refund.
by graham98 / November 10, 2010 3:59 PM PST

They simply refunded my money.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.