Samsung forum

Question

CNET not working on 55' HDTV Wireless 3D Tv

by IrcGuru / May 26, 2012 7:08 AM PDT
I noticed been having problems lately with CNET stream well on my Samsung 55' 8000 build in wireless 3D tv. I bought a new Linksys router E2500 Dual Band 300+300 megs and a 16 port switch. Now, I am not able to pull up any videos on CNET. I keep getting obscure error numbers.

Now, you may want to say that it is my internet connection. I have proved this is not the case because I have downloaded Opera Browser on Nintendo Wii and I can play videos wirelessly. Any ideas what I can do to fix this issue or is this a known issue others have reported and Samsung and CNET are working on resolving this issue?
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: CNET not working on 55' HDTV Wireless 3D Tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CNET not working on 55' HDTV Wireless 3D Tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Just a FYI
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 26, 2012 7:13 AM PDT

I alerted this so CNET staff might get a look at this. In the meantime supply the exact Samsung model numers.

Sadly I think Smart TVs are a bit oversold. They are not that capable yet folk expect the same web performance as PCs, Wii's and more. The real story is something that is more along the lines you are reporting and why I advise folk to buy for picture quality and ignore the Smart TV apps and browser. Some Samsung folk do get upset at me over this but I'll take my lumps.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
RE: CNET not working on 55' HDTV Wireless 3D Tv
by IrcGuru / May 26, 2012 8:26 AM PDT

It is 8000 model not Plasma. So, there are complaints about it not working right? I am able to use yahoo apps no problems so I know it is not my connection. Hopefully, Samsung will do an update on this soon. This is 2012 tv btw.

Collapse -
Apps are one thing. That browser however...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 26, 2012 9:05 AM PDT

Apps are designed to work. Browsers in TVs are trouble as folk expect them to work as good as their PC (or Wii.)

Collapse -
Answer
RE: RE: CNET not working on 55' HDTV Wireless 3D Tv - New!
by IrcGuru / May 26, 2012 2:08 PM PDT

Actually, that is a CNET app, not a brower. The browser actually works fine on the Samsung. Samsung provided a Cnet App that streams things all the time and gets updated every Wednesday. Has the CNET staff answered why their streaming is not working anymore?

Collapse -
They get the weekends off.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 26, 2012 2:36 PM PDT

I took the liberty of reporting it via the only method I know (which works.) I am only a moderator.
Bob

Collapse -
Update
by cnet_mojo / May 29, 2012 2:30 AM PDT

Thanks for the feedback. Our app isn't currently supported on the 2012 Samsung models, and have asked that it is not displayed in the store. We're working on adapting it for the new hardware/platform.

- Justin

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.