Download.com Site Feedback

General discussion

cnet endores's CONDUIT VIRUS toolbar

by johnkeawhite / November 22, 2013 5:25 AM PST

ever try to uninstall CONDUIT ????

SHAME ON THE EDITORS AND EXECUTIVES for allowing this option when you go to download programs on their site.

I have some computer skills no expert by a long shot but I finally got help from a guy in Romania who has a 5 step instruction set that includes " THANK GOODNESS " 3 FREE programs in the process.

I always turned to CNET for honest and true reviews, advise and upmost 5 star business practices putting the consumer first. I pity the unsuspecting newbie that forever will live with the CONDUIT BEAST. I don't know how but in my many attempts to remove this virus and finally seek out expert help I managed to completely screw-up my win8.1 machine and now must order disc from the manufacturer because somehow certain parts of the operating system were completely disabled up to and including restore to factory settings.

SHAME SHAME SHAME CNET put this program on your mothers machine not on mine

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: cnet endores's CONDUIT VIRUS toolbar
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: cnet endores's CONDUIT VIRUS toolbar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
There's more to this story.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 22, 2013 5:28 AM PST

In this forum we have helped many recover from that. But did you download from Download.com or Cnet.com?
Bob

Collapse -
Shame on Cnet for the Conduit VIRUS
by johnkeawhite / November 25, 2013 1:38 AM PST

Hi Mr. Proffit,
I downloaded through CNET on Download.com. I have gotten so use in the past to never worrying about "ADD ON" crap or bloatware from CNET that I just blindly clicked through the install. Never again I learned that lesson once and for ever. I understand everyone needs to make a buck but there is such a thing as social responsibility especially when you are positioning yourself as one of the leading independent authority on computers , programs and technology.

Again I pity the guy who doesn't have a clue on what to do and those that have a slight idea and pay for a security suite to fight viruses and malware from invading and wonder at what just happened as they attempt to uninstall Conduit. I think you will agree with me that Conduit is designed to "NEVER" be allowed to be uninstalled from any machine it makes it way into.

As for backing up yes I do , probably ( definitely ) not as much as I should and thank goodness I did a full system backup a few weeks prior to my invasion by Conduit. How often do you recommend full system backups? I don't think that is the norm most just do a file backup on a regular basis which in my case I think would not have helped at all. I have read where an issue on a program arose and a subscribes to Carbonite was using their service and simple file backups did not contain the information to rebuild his database.

Just a quick update, after my posting I was able to reset my machine to working order with the system backup file I had done a few weeks earlier. It was not an option when I was a attempting to rid myself of Conduit at the time as I had many recent files etc. that I didn't want to lose and simply wanted to rid myself of this scourge.

When I finally realized how bad my system had become and again MY limited experience with rebuilding my computer and what different kinds of backups can do what I thought after my posting , " what the hell ,can't get any worse " and did a system restore, HOOORAY a working machine again that still needs a little fixing and I intend once I think I have as much as possible uncorrupted files copied reset my machine which is about 3 weeks away from the one year warranty period back to factory settings and just slowly reinstall programs and files, hoping that the few issues mostly as best I can tell having to do with IE11 and not sure what else is lurking below resolved. If you have any ideas, suggestions it is most welcomed.

So far the moral of this story is
1. Don't trust CNET
2. Learn more about Backups and practice " SAFE BACKUP " procedure's.. However in 20 + years never needed one.
3. Ask for help sooner. I am kind of like that guy who will keep driving around and will eventually find where I want to go. Seldom stop at the gas stations for directions. KIND OF STUPID!
4. The people at Conduit are everything that is bad about the industry and it serves no greater purpose. They should be shunned by reputable Companies, organizations and people.

Happy Thanksgiving,
John

Collapse -
They are linked trouigh Cnet
by pcloverva / November 28, 2014 9:14 AM PST

Cnet links to Download.com. Cnet should bring them into line or drop the link

Collapse -
So...
by Dafydd Forum moderator / November 22, 2013 5:33 AM PST

... you never made any backups? This saves the hassle when something like this happens.

Dafydd.

Collapse -
CNET TAKE IT DOWN*******CONDUIT VIRUS****** BACKUPS
by johnkeawhite / November 25, 2013 1:53 AM PST
In reply to: So...

just copied a reply of another comment to you. I did thank goodness 2 backups, one a file but most important a system backup. The system backup was the only one of significance. I must confess my very limited knowledge about backups even though I had purchased todo 6.1 before my problems and used them for my backups. I am defiantly learning and 20+ years using computers never needed backups and you would think with tech things are much better in this day and age. My beef why do I need to be afraid of CNET. It has been for me my go to site what a let down what a way to learn backups 101,202,303 and not sure can you explain in simple terms what a disk partition backup is ? I am a simple guy not too handy and maybe you do or don't know but todous is a Taiwan company not good in step 1, 2, and 3 . This is why you do a partition backup or maybe instructions for dummies like me is forget partition backup just confuse you . Backup files daily, then backup system weekly any thoughts on good habits ?????

HI,
I downloaded through CNET on Download.com. I have gotten so use in the past to never worrying about "ADD ON" crap or bloatware from CNET that I just blindly clicked through the install. Never again I learned that lesson once and for ever. I understand everyone needs to make a buck but there is such a thing as social responsibility especially when you are positioning yourself as one of the leading independent authority on computers , programs and technology.

Again I pity the guy who doesn't have a clue on what to do and those that have a slight idea and pay for a security suite to fight viruses and malware from invading and wonder at what just happened as they attempt to uninstall Conduit. I think you will agree with me that Conduit is designed to "NEVER" be allowed to be uninstalled from any machine it makes it way into.

As for backing up yes I do , probably ( definitely ) not as much as I should and thank goodness I did a full system backup a few weeks prior to my invasion by Conduit. How often do you recommend full system backups? I don't think that is the norm most just do a file backup on a regular basis which in my case I think would not have helped at all. I have read where an issue on a program arose and a subscribes to Carbonite was using their service and simple file backups did not contain the information to rebuild his database.

Just a quick update, after my posting I was able to reset my machine to working order with the system backup file I had done a few weeks earlier. It was not an option when I was a attempting to rid myself of Conduit at the time as I had many recent files etc. that I didn't want to lose and simply wanted to rid myself of this scourge.

When I finally realized how bad my system had become and again MY limited experience with rebuilding my computer and what different kinds of backups can do what I thought after my posting , " what the hell ,can't get any worse " and did a system restore, HOOORAY a working machine again that still needs a little fixing and I intend once I think I have as much as possible uncorrupted files copied reset my machine which is about 3 weeks away from the one year warranty period back to factory settings and just slowly reinstall programs and files, hoping that the few issues mostly as best I can tell having to do with IE11 and not sure what else is lurking below resolved. If you have any ideas, suggestions it is most welcomed.

So far the moral of this story is
1. Don't trust CNET
2. Learn more about Backups and practice " SAFE BACKUP " procedure's.. However in 20 + years never needed one.
3. Ask for help sooner. I am kind of like that guy who will keep driving around and will eventually find where I want to go. Seldom stop at the gas stations for directions. KIND OF STUPID!
4. The people at Conduit are everything that is bad about the industry and it serves no greater purpose. They should be shunned by reputable Companies, organizations and people.

Happy Thanksgiving,
John

Collapse -
Check the following...
by Willy / November 24, 2013 12:44 PM PST
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6132_102-605614.html

Conduit can be removed but it is a tiresome task that can be removed with many tools, more than one and others are required. It becomes a PITA to do so, but if you take a wrong step, yes it can hose your setup but let's not exclude anything else present besides conduit. I have found various other crap installed NOT installed when conduit was but maybe linked or helped along by conduit. You have to check any d/l with your updated AV pgm., at least before use and check and verify during the install what's is being installed don't readily accept everything on blind trust, that can bite you.

I'm sure during your initial Win8/8.1 use, you were asked or had the opportunity to create restore/recovery discs. You're finding out now that was a lesson you're learning. Come back, if you need more help. these forums do resolve many issues. I wish you provide a link or evidence that CNET endorses conduit, as of yet I don't see that.

tada -----Willy Happy
Collapse -
Want proof? Just download any number of "endorsed" programs.
by 80gs850 / November 30, 2013 1:28 AM PST
In reply to: Check the following...

johnkeawhite is absolutely correct - CNET used to be a safe, virus-free environment. It appears that is no longer.

I recently had to uninstall that crap Conduit software from 3 different computers. In the first one, it got in when I went to get a .rar decompression program. In the other two cases, I have no idea how it got there. I am always diligent, but the hackers are getting smarter. It took many hours and two different malware-fixing programs to get rid of all the tentacles of Conduit. Twice, I thought I had it solved, only for it to re-appear as my primary search engine!

We should NEVER have to worry about what crapware, bloatware or malware is coming along for the ride during downloads from reputable websites such as CNET. Just today, I downloaded Google's Sketchup. Had I not been VERY diligent, Conduit would have been re-loaded again, along with a gaming program and some other piece of crap. I can no longer trust CNET to install JUST the program I requested by clicking on 'Express Install". Every one has to be a custom one now.

SHAME SHAME SHAME

Collapse -
Check direct link instead
by Willy / November 30, 2013 1:56 AM PST

Download offers the "s/w maker's website or direct link" besides the flashy one usually prominent in the webpage. You have to be diligent otherwise, it will lead into undesired results. I don't run the download website or anything along those but I've have always tried to use the direct link method of getting a file. The same applies at other websites that pretty much offer the same thing. However, others don't and they too get in the way of a simple download, so it's not just a CNET Download problem. Check download again and find the "direct link" button and see what it does should you care to, I think the results will vary but safer. If not, then disregard getting any further s/w until resolved if at all. It's pretty much a clue that something is awry when a "download manager" is involved though.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
You're not paying attention.....
by 80gs850 / November 30, 2013 4:05 AM PST

I think you are completely missing my point.

I don't give a rat's patootie about the differences, subtle or large, between "CNET" and "Download.com powered by CNET", and especially since it appears I should click on the small direct link, instead of the BIG one that's got CNET's name on it. So the itty bitty text link is safe, but the big one isn't?

If CNET cared, they wouldn't let their name be used in this manner. Apparently they don't.

Collapse -
Re: You're not paying attention
by rlmeade / December 5, 2013 4:17 PM PST

For the life of me I cannot understand why ANYONE is defending this! I have blindly downloaded software from CNET thinking that the reputation it had built still existed. It is obvious that they have been made aware of this issue and yet that software is still available for download. Had this crap software been taken off your website when it was reported by several people prior to me, it would not have been available to infect my laptop. It is blatantly apparent that CNET doesn't care about their reputation or the amount of time and expense visitors to their site are putting in to get rid of this junk.

Collapse -
CNET ENDORSES ******CONDUIT***VIRUS
by johnkeawhite / November 30, 2013 1:19 PM PST

point is they "CNET" for sure know their stuff. They should write an article warning US about this thing and singing the praises of this cool smart Romanian, GOOD GUY that for free is helping any who find him, remove this thing. You have to admit for the most part CNET is written for the casual user not the geek guy.
Not the one that knows that DEATH may be lurking with his next click.

My new buddy with the secret receipt he would like the world to know about and I think as soon as CONDUIT THE " VIRUS" see's his cure they will write code to battle him.

Here is his site it is free but send $10.00 bucks if it works for you he more then deserves it.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-conduit-search-virus/

Collapse -
Your wish was granted long ago ...
by Edward ODaniel / December 3, 2013 1:42 PM PST
Collapse -
cnet+NSA + CONDUIT VIRUS = CNET IS WOLF in sheeps clothing
by johnkeawhite / December 3, 2013 11:12 PM PST

the more I look the worse it looks. I went to Wikipedia my friend over 3.5 MILLION downloads A DAY.

NOW they HELP us with a program ( VIRUS ), you say PuP, to help us over 50 % not tech savvy enough to complete a download.

Exactly to my point they give the unsuspecting this hijacking control some say just browser and search control over their system but really what else have they taken control of. I am no pro but know enough when someone has screwed with my search engine and browser and it took me days to figure this thing out , I am admittedly a little slow and hate going down these purported free sites of removing my conduit "VIRUS " toolbar sites that then scan your system declare yes it is present then say you must purchase DLX. version to delete. Bunch of CRAP and probably part of the CODUIT-CNET_NSA family, getting rich of off other peoples misery.

Yes , many as you said may enjoy the VIRUS laden Coduit toolbar and searchbar and who knows what else has now been decided buy the big brother in the sky " CNET " oh I mean " NSA " or is it CBS TV or the Chinese Government or on and on who know's could be aliens .

For me from a company like CNET that call's out the BAD GUYS - BAD PROGRAMS and such should be beyond reproach , why in the hell do they unleash a program that is next to impossible to uninstall and my friend cannot be done with a simple windows " whatever" version uninstall on its own. BAD BAD STUFF and SHAME ON the COMPANY who has won the heart and MINDS of people so much so that 3.5 million downloads per day are happening. WOW , how long before they "CNET_NSA" takes over the world.

Collapse -
Conduit is not listed in the optional software
by cosmic52 / December 15, 2013 5:28 AM PST

Get over it. Conduit isn't listed as an option to decline like the other garbage that comes with the download. You can call it whatever you like but it is absolutely malware. Anything that hijacks all of your browsers without your permission and redirects your searches is malware. Anything that can't be removed and puts error messages on your machine and stays there as spyware once you have reclaimed your browsers is malware. PuP my Aunt Fanny! It's a virus. CNET should be ashamed. And so should anybody who defends them.

You must work for the developer. Nobody wants this junk to hijack all of their browsers.

Collapse -
Why not have a sticky in all forums.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / December 15, 2013 5:39 AM PST

That says DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM DOWNLOAD.COM!

Dafydd.

Collapse -
Agreed, but you are missing the point
by cosmic52 / December 15, 2013 5:19 AM PST
In reply to: Check the following...

Nobody, and I mean nobody, should have to go through the hassle of a system restore because they got stuck with a piece of garbage that they didn't ask for. When running the installer it gives you the option to decline a bunch of trash you don't want. Conduit is not listed there. It promptly hijacked all three of my browsers. I don't care what the technical term is. It is malware, plain and simple and it NEVER should have been there.

SHAME ON CNET!

Collapse -
Here is how to remove virus
by johnkeawhite / November 30, 2013 12:55 PM PST

Please go to this great Romanian experts site. I think you will be amazed at what it really takes to get rid of the CONDUIT VIRUS. He should be hired on by my "paid edition" firewall -antivirus program . I am sending $10.00.

Why do I call it a VIRUS. You uninstall like normal but wait something comes back like I think it is SHREDDER. So your toolbar is still there. Next if you have a little knowledge you can go to C: drive programs(86) and alas still a folder CONDUIT, I also think it is in another file as a sub directory. But wait that wont do it either go to the windows file and it is there also so delete away and yet on restart you are back to square one. I think it was CCLEANER advised me when I used them to uninstall CONDUIT VIRUS they advised something like " so sorry Charlie I will be back as " SHREDDER ". Know let's say as I did I finally got rid through system Mechanic any mention of CONDUIT VIRUS & shredder " I think " , then these two little cryptic entries kept showing up in my startup services and I don't have the names because there aren't any it is just numbers I think maybe 8 of them 2 entries. The only thing that worked was from my friend from Romania. A few other sites are claiming to fix the conduit issue but as far as I was able to see they all ended up with dollar signs in the end. I advise printing out the instructions and do not deviate , if you have google remember to clean up as instructed. I was shocked at how deep into my system this thing was able to go as I don't for the most case auto password anything.

CNET SHAME SHAME SHAME !!!! PLEASE OTHER'S SPREAD THE WORD
CNET HAS THE POWER TO SHUT THIS DOWN. I think they are operating from the "MIGHT IS RIGHT" side of things. For I think WE made them the goto site because they were working for US on the " RIGHT IS MIGHT " prospective. About all I can really trust right now is they are allowing me to rant.
Please others spread the word check your machines with this uninstall procedure and let me know.

Thanks and Aloha
IF CONDUIT IS NOT A VIRUS THEN WHAT IS IT ????????

Collapse -
80gs850: Regarding your post
by Carol~ Forum moderator / December 3, 2013 2:24 AM PST

80gs850..

Regarding your post....

The subject of which read: "Apparently, CNET & Download.com are no longer trustworthy".
And the content: 'Have a look here....

I was forced to remove your post. Web of Trust cautions against visiting the site.

However, if the member wishes to visit the site, they only need Google "Warning: Download.com (CNET Downloads) A cesspool for privacy invading malware and rogue software". The site is bot crawl.

Carol

Collapse -
Over my head???
by johnkeawhite / December 5, 2013 9:06 AM PST

carol,

not sure is it Cnet and Download .com that you are referencing that unleashes a cesspool of hidden files that won't easily on install or was it the list of instructions and how to's on removing conduit that I was talking about??

Sure would be simple if you could go to control panel select uninstall locate the program you want uninstalled and be done with it. This conduit thing keeps coming back masked as something else almost like a pregnant tick that gives birth and each one of them is named and almost invisible until they suck your blood and grow and then slowly seems ,eventually it can be eliminated one by one. At Wikipedia there seems to be mention of many more complaints in 2013 for cnet, it certainly has got the attention of this former fan.

Aloha
john

Collapse -
It is hard to differentiate
by itsdigger / December 5, 2013 10:03 AM PST
In reply to: Over my head???

between the two, (Cnet and download.com) especially when Download.com responds with a header that say's "Cnet support, Download.com", or when you download something it says "Cnet Download Installer" So where's the difference? Let's not forget other's are doing this as well such as Softpedia. Here's a Youtube video to watch and get a little education->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pQtt_FFsOY ...Let's see how much trouble I get in for this.... Devil ....Digger

Collapse -
P.S. ZDNet
by itsdigger / December 5, 2013 10:09 AM PST

is also an afilliated with CBS so I wonder about Ed Bott's review....Digger

Collapse -
NO ETHICS ***conduitVIRUS*** money is the root of this evil
by johnkeawhite / December 5, 2013 9:28 PM PST

Watched your video. At least he admitted money was the issue. The excuse however "everyone else is doing it why not US, unfortunately ?" I think is a lousy excuse. He also tried to put the blame on the software owners however conduit VIRUS is a GIFT from CNET. I guess they are poor and in need. Give me a good 10-20 second commercial!!!!!
Cnet at +3.5 million downloads a day how many visitors to their site must there be? Huge Iam certain. Look how they " the leaders in the industry" choose to prey upon us the unsuspecting lambs off to slaughter. They don't expose the bad and fight for our rights 'ala "60 minutes", like you would suspect with their carefully crafted "Dudley DOOright" reputation , just the opposite, they choose to embrace these bad practices. Their excuse "to survive ",give me a break, why unleash this needlessly vial CONDUIT VIRUS in all it's many forms and making it so that it is next to impossible for the ordinary person to remove. Even the st uff whatever you call it bloatware, malware has been pretty straight forward when uninstalling , nothing close to this CONDUIT VIRUS!!!!
SHAME SHAME SHAME on CNET

Collapse -
Re: Over your head?
by Carol~ Forum moderator / December 6, 2013 2:05 AM PST
In reply to: Over my head???

John..

In case you thought I replied to your post. When I removed 80gs850's post, it automatically made my post a reply to your's. It wasn't meant to be. That being said, maybe this will clear up some confusion.

In my post I wrote, 'I was forced to remove your post. Web of Trust cautions against visiting the site'.

The (only) content in the post I removed: 'Have a look here .... with a link to an article beside it.

Web of Trust cautions against visiting the site where the article was posted . The only mention made of CNET or Download.com was in the name of its title. See the next to last sentence in my post.

If one chose not to access WOT's rating of the offending site, it was also included in the last sentence of my post. The site is botcrawl.

We try to protect our members from visiting sites which might get them in trouble. In an effort to allow 80gs850 to get his/her point across, I included enough information for anyone to find it.

Carol

Collapse -
Ironic and funny and sad....
by 80gs850 / December 6, 2013 6:15 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Over your head?

Carol

I'm guessing you're an administrator or something....

As the title of this post says - it's ironic and funny and sad all at the same time. It's ironic that while you are policing our posts, there has been NO response (much less any resolution) from CNET about the subject of this entire thread - the conduit.com malware.

It's funny that even Microsoft considers the conduit.com program to be a virus, and have posted extensive removal instructions. I'd post a link, but you'd probably remove that as well.

The sad part is the hypocrisy of your very own words: "
We try to protect our members from visiting sites which might get them in trouble" If CNET truly believed that, your users and members would not have to worry about surprises like getting malware riding along on your downloads.

Collapse -
Just my thought here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 6, 2013 6:22 AM PST

Sorry but I've shared this before but did you catch Ed Bott's response? (they are a CBS employee.)

Collapse -
No - have not seen a reply
by 80gs850 / December 6, 2013 6:51 AM PST
In reply to: Just my thought here.

There's been no reply or posting in this thread that I can see. Where are you seeing this 'response'?

Collapse -
Where? Other threads.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 6, 2013 7:03 AM PST
Collapse -
Interesting
by 80gs850 / December 6, 2013 7:28 AM PST
In reply to: Where? Other threads.

Watched the episode.

Bottom line? Guess we're screwed. CNET's not going to fix it.

I don't expect "Free" software to be "Free". I understand everyone has to make money. What I expect from "free" software is advertisements along the sides. That's how they get paid.

What I DON'T expect from 'free' software from an allegedly reputable website, is my browser, search engine and home page to get hijacked. That's crossing the line into malware, crapware, doucheware (love that term).

Oh well....be careful out there

Collapse -
(NT) Or CBS.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 6, 2013 7:52 AM PST
In reply to: Interesting
Collapse -
The main problem as I see it
by itsdigger / December 6, 2013 8:45 AM PST
In reply to: Or CBS.

is that folks just don't read about what theyr'e doing or the FAQ (which I might add Download .com makes difficult to find) so I'll copy and paste it here for the reading ( I've did this before also). We don't like it but It Is Written , Hope it helps ....Digger ->>
Download.com Installer FAQ

WHAT IS THE DOWNLOAD.COM INSTALLER?

The Download.com Installer securely delivers software from Download.com's servers to your computer. During this process, the Download.com Installer may offer other free applications provided by our partners. All offers are optional: You are not required to install any additional applications to receive the software you selected.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I RUN THE DOWNLOAD.COM INSTALLER?

After launching the Download.com Installer from your Downloads folder, follow the instructions to complete the download of your software's installer and launch it.

The Download.com Installer may show offers for other free applications. All offers are optional: You are not required to install any additional applications to receive the software you selected. We screen all application offers to ensure they are safe and can be uninstalled. No offers are ever automatically installed without your acceptance.

The Download.com Installer does not permanently install itself on your computer.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I ACCEPT A DOWNLOAD.COM INSTALLER OFFER?

When you accept an offer, the application will be downloaded and installed on your computer. We screen all application offers to ensure they are safe and can be uninstalled.

HOW DO I UNINSTALL DOWNLOAD.COM INSTALLER OFFERS?

- Instructions for uninstalling offers
- Assistance restoring default browser settings

WHAT INFORMATION DOES THE DOWNLOAD.COM INSTALLER COLLECT?

The Download.com Installer does not collect personally identifiable information and adheres to the CBS Interactive Privacy Policy.

ARE THERE ALTERNATIVES TO USING THE DOWNLOAD.COM INSTALLER?

Yes, all Download.com Installer Enabled products have a Direct Download Link that you can use instead of the Installer.

WHO DO I CONTACT WITH FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD.COM INSTALLER?

If you have additional questions or concerns related to the Download.com Installer, please contact customer support.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.