Car Tech forum

General discussion

CNET car reviews

by cool_vaio / March 10, 2007 1:17 AM PST

why does cnet keep on reviewing cars that are 4 years old, then bash on how bad it is, how low tech it is, how low res the nav is?

2007 chrysler town and country? 6 years old
Acura TSX-3 years
Mitsubishi Galant-4 years
etc.

if this is a "tech website", why do you keep reviewing wit the least tech?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: CNET car reviews
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CNET car reviews
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
yeah!
by decomrade / March 10, 2007 6:41 AM PST
In reply to: CNET car reviews

Yeah, it'd would be great if they could review the most tech-filled (and comfortable sub-compact... After all, they did review that damn Fit) and affordable car out there, the Versa.

I want to know their take on that thing, I test drove it months ago and was really impressed.

Collapse -
Because some people buy those cars.
by Moni132 / March 12, 2007 3:15 AM PDT

How can you say that a 2007 Town and County minivan is 6 years old. Do you remember a navigation option 6 years ago in a minivan. No. And why did Brian do that review? Hm, maybe it's because there are people that still buy minivans and want to know what kind of tech they can get in something similar to that. Same with the Versa and Fit.

As each year passes the tech improves. If you've seen enough of his video's you know that when he's done the same car, just a year or so later he comments on how the tech has or hasn't improved.

You people need to open your eyes for what the videos offer and are. Not for what you want it to be.

Collapse -
UMMM
by cool_vaio / March 17, 2007 8:13 AM PDT

well, town and country IS 6 years old

also, if ppl are looking for a minivan, why not review the new sedona and entourage? or even the sienna, townand country is the car with least tech, oldest, cheapest, and umm american

i'm not saying that cnet should start reviewing ferraris and lambos only, but if you're gonna review cars as boring as minivans, at least choose the best overall on the market.

also, i'll bet u five million bux (if i hav it) that ppl driving a town and country COULDN't care less bout tech; if they're so cheap that they need to buy that car, the only thing they should expect is ugly plastic and metal of four wheels

Collapse -
I agree completely ... except...
by dachrak / March 20, 2007 4:26 AM PDT

I feel that CNet should not be reviewing cars at all. I believe CNet is completely out of touch when it comes to their car reviews. I realize that it is a technology website, but I feel that like most people getting a $1,500 navigation system is the least of many people's concerns. I also thought it was funny that Brian on CNet described the $43,000+ price tag of the '07 Ford Mustang 500 pretty cheap or something similar. Sure, it is a LOT of performance for the money, but cheap is the last word I'd use.

CNet should stick to reviewing household technology such as computers, pdas, mp3 players, etc. The last thing I look for is bluetooth in my car, as pricey options (and not exactly smart options) fall to way-side when more important things are primary, like safety, reliability, cost, power, etc.

I was amazed that even a car that won over so many critics in the compact SUV market, as the RAV4, only recieves a measely 6.4 "Good"; when the car gets rave reviews for what it is (and isn't)-- not to mention Consumer Reports best-bet for a Compact SUV, and CNet is sad because of the lack of technology.

CNet reviewing cars is like looking at Home and Gardening Magazine for tips on how to pick out the right college. Just doesn't work -- CNet's priorities are completely out of whack; and completely out of touch with most Americans.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.