Phones forum

General discussion

cingulars "disgusting" service

by madeformotorola / April 1, 2006 12:07 PM PST

my mother lost her phone so we called it in to get a replacement shipped out. of course it was refurbished. when i opened the box to put together the phone, there was HAIR all over the battery. i was appalled that the phone appeared like this!!! i ignored it and called in to activate the new phone. the reps asked me for the general info about the sim card and the new phone. when all that was done, i assumed the phone was ready for use, so i hung up. then, i noticed that the phone was getting no signal. so i called cingular back and tried to get it all sorted out. after being on hold for 30+ minutes, the rep told me that i received a bad sim card. they told me to go to a cingular store and get another one. so, today me and my parents went to a cingular store to get a sim. they rep tried about 5 different sim cards in the phone and none seemed to work. after that, he said that we got a bad phone. so my mom is bipolar so she cant handle all of this. me and my dad got her a new phone and the guy fixed the sim card. now its all good except we gotta send the faulty phone back and have another one shipped to us. this just shows how cingular is somewhat jacked up!!!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: cingulars "disgusting" service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: cingulars "disgusting" service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Cingular #1 for least amount of dropped calls
by Father_Chaos / April 2, 2006 3:46 PM PDT

Sorry to here about your experience with replacement service but there occasions in every industry where some one gets defective equipment and it very well could have been working before it left cingular. I mean there are other hands that touch the packages and not everyone is honest. I'm sure when cingular see the condition of the phone they will make it right if they have not already done so or is that the part you forgot to include in your statements about Cingular.

Collapse -
reading is fun highlander
by madeformotorola / April 3, 2006 12:29 AM PDT

i have cingular!!! so dont go preaching to me about their dropped calls thing. i love cingular for their service and phones. i was just upset that they sent me a nasty phone. even if the phone is refurbished, someone should make sure that the phones are up to standard. thats why i never agree to getting a refurbished phone...
and another thing, your english sucks

Collapse -
grammar
by ChipJim / April 3, 2006 2:02 AM PDT

Eh. Most of the English on these boards sucks... ever heard of capitalization?

Collapse -
what???ChipJim
by madeformotorola / April 3, 2006 9:31 AM PDT
In reply to: grammar

why should i capitalize ??? my point is that you should be able to understand/read what the other person is saying. you can understand what im saying!!! next time, use your brain before making a stupid comment

Collapse -
Grammar? what about logic?
by lampietheclown / April 3, 2006 6:40 AM PDT

What on earth does the number of dropped calls have to do with this guys problem? Do you get paid a buck every time you can get that commercial into print (or pixel)?

Then you add a snipe at the end suggesting that the guy hasn't told the whole story. Do you have some reason to believe it, or are you just being a Cingular rep?

When you say "make it right", what do you mean? give them a better phone? Pay the shipping? That doesn't make it right.

Make it right would include the hassle. Making it right would include the time wasted. Making it right would include the days with no phone, when the customer had every reason to believe that he would have one. Is that the "make it right" that you were sniping about, or did you mean some free text messages?

There are occasions when equipment will fail. From the sound of that phone, it would be difficult to call it a "random" equipment failure. You make it sound like a random act of fate and statistics. That phone was not defective. It was a Cingular failure. It was a Cingular defect.

Is that the part YOU forgot to include in your statement about the phone, and the customer?

Lampie

Collapse -
lampie knows
by madeformotorola / April 3, 2006 9:34 AM PDT

you totally understood my problem. i just said that the equipment was in pathetic condition..and the phone was broken out of the box anyway. dont you hate it when people dont read the full post and then make a stupid and obvious comment?? i sure do!

Collapse -
He read it.
by lampietheclown / April 3, 2006 12:08 PM PDT
In reply to: lampie knows

He just couldn't defend against it, so he used an old political tactic, and tried to discredit the author.

The issue, as he tried to spin it, was that your opinion counts less because of your grammar.
Then he removes Cingular from accountability by implying that some faceless "dishonest" person is probably to blame.

The slick move was the last sentence, when he implies that YOU are dishonest, and gives the reader a face to go with the blame.

No Senator ever did it better. It almost makes me regret busting him on it.

Almost, but ... no, ...

No regrets.

Lampie

Collapse -
Cingular don't make the phone
by SuperKid2007 / April 4, 2006 4:03 AM PDT
In reply to: lampie knows

dude, don't hate the provider if your cell phone difective. they do provide with the phone but they don't make the phone, next time contact the vendor how make the phone. by the way do you still have drop signal with your phone?

Collapse -
#1 for who cares
by stra0373 / April 5, 2006 8:30 AM PDT

This persons problem has nothing to do with dropped calls. If they cant make a call in the first place because the phone they received is defective it doesn't matter if they have the fewest dropped calls because this person can't make a call to drop.

Collapse -
Interesting
by tychocat / April 5, 2006 7:33 PM PDT
Collapse -
damn ur good!
by sumant_k / April 7, 2006 3:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Interesting

Kudos to your research...I ont understand why hes supporting cingular tho hes a cingular employee...that doesnt meanhe shud support his employer??I don t see any logic in it...
You work u get paid thats all the relation u have with ur employer...Dont cross the like highlander.!

Collapse -
i really dont know
by madeformotorola / April 7, 2006 2:38 PM PDT
In reply to: damn ur good!

i dont know what half of these people are talking about on here...they are probably all drunk or high when writing this stuff

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.