Speakeasy

General discussion

Chris Christie speaks out against NRA ad

by grimgraphix / January 18, 2013 1:32 PM PST
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Chris Christie speaks out against NRA ad
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Chris Christie speaks out against NRA ad
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Absolutely False that the President's kids school has armed
by Ziks511 / January 18, 2013 6:08 PM PST

guards, and Absolutely True that it is reprehensible. Mr. Christie, you make gooood speeches. (A reference that only JP Bill will get.) Also true that a number of folks here have attacked anyone commenting on Republican politcians' kids including the Bush girls and their partying, and this is the first post to address this attack ad. Funny how we tolerate attacks that we like, while attacking the attacks we don't. I thought Swift Boat vets were reprehensible, but some folks here loved it. Nothing has ever made me more sympathetic to a President than watching the slime Obama has to wade through, and particularly here from people who took instant exeption to any attack on George W. Bush saying that an attack against the President was un-American and virtual treason.

Rob

Collapse -
RE:Mr. Christie, you make gooood speeches
by JP Bill / January 18, 2013 7:29 PM PST

Nice one.......... High Five!

Collapse -
you mean "the Chimp"?
by James Denison / January 18, 2013 9:23 PM PST

forgot the Liberal's pet name for Bush?

Collapse -
Where is your link
by TONI H / January 21, 2013 12:40 AM PST

to the fact that it's 'absolutely false that the President's kids' school has armed guards'? They are protected by armed guards 24/7, Rob.

Also at least 30% of the nation's school ALREADY had armed guards BEFORE Newtown happened.

Whether Christie or anybody else approves of the NRA ad, the point is that NOBODY'S kids should be more important than our own, and if THEY can be protected, so should OURS.

I'm happy that you are sympathetic to BO over the 'slime' he has to wade through......unfortunately, the slime HE put out during this campaign toward Romney on a personal level was horrendous and nary a word in Romney's defense, even AFTER every slanderous thing that was said about him was proven to be lies. How typical. THIS president is a total POS......and a LOSER in every aspect of the word on a personal and a political level because he has no ethics and no morals when it comes to what he truly stands for. He will say and do anything for his supporters and offer up gifts that never come out of his own pocket in order to keep that support. He is the most corrupt politician I have ever encountered (either through reading or thru first hand knowledge of over 67 years) in the history of politicians and he will go down in the history books (if Conservatives can ever get the truth out in them) as such. Presidents are usually graded long after they have served, and he will be remembered as even worse than Woodrow Wilson and Jimmy Carter.....and that's saying a lot.

No one will EVER put up a billboard asking "Do you miss me yet" for this jerk.

Collapse -
RE:absolutely false that the President's kids' school
by JP Bill / January 21, 2013 3:53 AM PST
In reply to: Where is your link
absolutely false that the President's kids' school has armed guards

THEY are....... BUT the school isn't?
Collapse -
Nitpicking, JP
by TONI H / January 21, 2013 5:47 AM PST

IF the girls are there, there ARE guards at the SCHOOL........NOT in the classroom where the girls are, up close and personal.....they actually guard the whole school and effectively guard ALL the other kids there as well.

So.....Rob is wrong, correct?

Collapse -
(NT) Everything in SE is nitpicking.
by JP Bill / January 21, 2013 11:09 AM PST
In reply to: Nitpicking, JP
Collapse -
It seems that way
by James Denison / January 21, 2013 11:12 AM PST

since you showed up. Connection?

Collapse -
Why do you think we use "words"?
by JP Bill / January 21, 2013 11:26 AM PST
In reply to: It seems that way

Words have meaning...say what you mean and mean what you say? Sometimes we/I make mistakes.

Try reading a legal document, OR watch Judge Judy.

there ARE guards at the SCHOOL....they actually guard the whole school and effectively guard ALL the other kids there as well.

Actually?....Effectively?.....

equivocating present participle of equivocate
Verb
Use ambiguous language so as to conceal the truth or avoid committing oneself.

Collapse -
Suppose someone attacks another student....
by JP Bill / January 21, 2013 11:33 AM PST

Do you think the SS will leave the Obama kids and go and help to other kids?

I suggest all SS agents would get closer to the Obama kids just in case it was a diversionary tactic.

Collapse -
typical reaction
by James Denison / January 21, 2013 11:36 AM PST

is to cover the person with one or more agents, while other agents then move to subdue the perpetrator if seen.

Collapse -
RE: if seen.
by JP Bill / January 21, 2013 12:15 PM PST
In reply to: typical reaction

You haven't heard?...They are guarding the WHOLE school.

Collapse -
They are not there to guard the school
by Josh K / January 21, 2013 10:55 PM PST

They are there to guard the president's children. If a disturbance began involving other children, they would NOT leave the president's kids to investigate it. That's not their job, and the other disturbance could be a ruse to lure them away from the president's kids. So NO, the school is not de-facto protected by their presence.

Collapse -
Hey, fat boy!
by James Denison / January 18, 2013 9:22 PM PST

Christie, get off your secret Democratic horse and go tell your buddies to quit using the children of Newtown for their own anti 2nd Amendment purposes. You must have your TV tuned to just the Liberal channel in NJ lately.

Collapse -
You, and others, can't admit that the Republican
by Roger NC / January 18, 2013 9:36 PM PST
In reply to: Hey, fat boy!

party or people who consider themselves conservative overall don't march only to your drum.

The only group that agrees 100% is the party of 1, generally well down the road to insanity..

The more people you put together, even if they agree on a lot, the more they are going to disagree on something.

That's my problem with both parties the last several decades is the hijacking of the party public position by the more extreme parts. Both have become intolerant of any dissention in the ranks. No one is allow to have a more nuance view than the loudest segment's publicized manifesto.

The more one side or the other attacks someone nominally their own, the more I consider what that individual has to say.

Collapse -
what bothers me is
by James Denison / January 19, 2013 3:14 AM PST

back stabbing and hypocrisy and when combined it really stinks. He can't say a thing about the liberals using dead children to push their agenda, but the NRA say anything and he's all over it like stink on poop.

Collapse -
And conservatives are SILENT?
by JP Bill / January 19, 2013 3:23 AM PST
In reply to: what bothers me is

What's that noise I'm responding to?

Who is that guy walking around with an assault weapon?

Collapse -
ur getting off subject of children
by James Denison / January 19, 2013 6:58 AM PST

being used as political pawns. Have fun while wandering around.

Collapse -
Sorry, I thought it was about
by JP Bill / January 19, 2013 11:04 AM PST
Collapse -
go to the head of the class
by James Denison / January 21, 2013 11:12 AM PST

good boy, you got one right.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.