Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Chloride, Fluouride and other poison in our drinking water

by maggador / February 23, 2008 5:44 AM PST

The big news on British TV of February 5th 2008 was that substantially higher levels of Fluoride would be added to drinking tap water.

The claim is that Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay.

Both the Chlorine and Fluoride added to our water, are well known thyroid disrupters, which among other things encourages weight gain.

Recent cases in Britain have mentioned Fluoride poisoning with a girl aged 3 who was starting her periods, and a 5 year old who had to shave under her arms and pubic area.

There are over 30 groups of pesticides deliberately added to food and water, and several growth promoters fed to animals which go through the food chain and then cause obesity to humans, plus toxic industrial and environmental pollutants, and among the worst are PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls) from the air and rainwater, but the Fluoride added to tap water, is actually a waste by-product discovered during the Manhattan Project, the Atom bomb that ended W. W. II. Before the spies sold it to Russia and later to Israel.

Read more at: http://digg.com/world_news/Chloride_Fluoride_and_other_poison_in_our_drinking_water

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Chloride, Fluouride and other poison in our drinking water
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Chloride, Fluouride and other poison in our drinking water
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
have your own well
by WOODS-HICK / February 23, 2008 9:18 AM PST

mine is 400 ft deep, has bacterial iron and a touch of radon. only had those tests for the mortgage folks. so there might be more stuff. no chlorine or fluoride unless a neighbor's septic is leeching.

still alive, still here and one-headed for 18 yrs (we think).

some buzz-out lounge posters think you may be a spammer.

your side?

Collapse -
I can take issue with one statement, anyway.
by drpruner / February 23, 2008 9:58 AM PST

"the Fluoride added to tap water, is actually a waste by-product discovered during the Manhattan Project"
Fluoride as an element was known long before the Manhattan Project. Its natural presence in ground water has been known for almost 200 years. A glance at any chemistry textbook from pre-war times will verify this.
Here's a site which you may or may not give credence to:
It's an English-language page of a German site. Appropriate, since much of the early chemistry came out of that country. (As did Faust, I believe ...)

Collapse -
I take all this with a pinch of salt.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 23, 2008 7:00 PM PST

Ohh, wait a minute, too much salt is bad for you as well isn't it?

Collapse -
another case of alarmist journalism?
by jonah jones / February 23, 2008 7:06 PM PST

next time you're by your local pool, ask them how long the pool will stay open if their chlorine runs out

and, if you have a link to a filter that can take out the toxins in regular drinking water, i would love to see it

Collapse -
...good mornin'...jonah...quite a sand-wiper
by WOODS-HICK / February 23, 2008 9:00 PM PST

or eye-opener if the evening required it.

quoting zappa: "watch out where the huskies go, and don't you....

"watch out where the huskies go, and don't you....

chlorine (bothers eyes & nose) has always kept pools at the deep end of my preferred swimming holes. of course I will forget that statement in a N hemisphere july-august where there is one nearby

Collapse -
no better place...
by James Denison / February 23, 2008 9:17 PM PST

...when you have the flu than a warm indoor pool. The warm, moist, chlorine air is free of germs and for some reason breathing that air within an hour or two will make it seem you don't even have the flu. Near Annapolis is an indoor heated pool and has a mezzanine above it on both sides where spectators can sit. If you go up there anytime in winter with the flu and lie down on a bench for awhile and just breath in the air, you will walk out feeling like the flu is gone. In a few hours it will be back, but it's a nice relief at the time. I suspect breathing in the chlorine moist air acidifies what it meets, which means a drying up of mucus, opening of air passages, and probably a pH change in the blood gases too. Whatever the reason, it gives relief.

Collapse -
by WOODS-HICK / February 23, 2008 9:37 PM PST
In reply to: no better place...

before opening I thought you were going to remind me why I do not use public pools that are shared by kiddies.

but you might be on to something. a 'little poison' is not necessarily bad. certain mushrooms, cactus and derivatives from St. Anthony's fire are examples that I believe boost mental and physical immune systems. add hot peppers, garlic and onions to my list.

then you have the 'all important factor': "warm, moist, chlorine air" works for you. is there a better outcome.

Collapse -
RE: opening of air passages,
by JP Bill / February 24, 2008 7:36 PM PST
In reply to: no better place...

Just tried this a few days ago Sinus Rinse

Made an improvement in my sinuses

Do not use if you have ear infections or "blocked" sinuses

Collapse -
alternate choice
by James Denison / February 25, 2008 12:25 AM PST

I've not seen or tried that one yet. I have used baby syringe to squirt virgin olive oil into my sinus during a flu episode. The oleic acid cuts through all that mucus slowly and it all comes out later in a big wad and the sinus will clear up for days. The yellow non virgin olive oil doesn't seem to do the same, just the cold pressed green stuff.

Collapse -
Ever watch birds at a bird bath
by Steven Haninger / February 24, 2008 12:28 AM PST

I used to worry that the water from our garden hose wasn't good for them because of chemicals and other contaminants until seeing their behavior at the human made watering hole. They'll jump in and flap around a awhile, go to the rim, turn tail to the bowl and unload. Then they'll turn, have a good long drink and take wing to the sky....and all this after I'd meticulously scrubbed away all the algae and other scum which they didn't seem to mind anyway.

It's probable that early humans did pretty much the same....except for being able to fly, of course. Happy

Collapse -
How to tell if your local water has too much fluoride:
by drpruner / February 24, 2008 1:03 AM PST

The birds are being harmed if they have no teeth.

Seriously, folks, polio e.g. became a problem in the West after sanitation improved. The virus hits people early- infancy- in "unclean" locales, and the young generally throw it off like a cold. It's more serious in adults.
As it saith in the Book, Cleanliness is next to impossible.

Collapse -
Don't forget dihydrogen monoxide
by C1ay / February 24, 2008 2:14 AM PST
Collapse -
uh huh
by jonah jones / February 24, 2008 2:30 AM PST

Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

* Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
* Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
* Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
* DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
* Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
* Contributes to soil erosion.
* Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
* Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
* Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
* Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
* Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
* Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
* Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.

What are some uses of Dihydrogen Monoxide?
Despite the known dangers of DHMO, it continues to be used daily by industry, government, and even in private homes across the U.S. and worldwide. Some of the well-known uses of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

* as an industrial solvent and coolant,
* in nuclear power plants,
* by the U.S. Navy in the propulsion systems of some older vessels,
* by elite athletes to improve performance,
* in the production of Styrofoam,
* in biological and chemical weapons manufacture,
* in the development of genetically engineering crops and animals,
* as a spray-on fire suppressant and retardant,
* in so-called "family planning" or "reproductive health" clinics,
* as a major ingredient in many home-brewed bombs,
* as a byproduct of hydrocarbon combustion in furnaces and air conditioning compressor operation,
* in cult rituals,
* by the Church of Scientology on their members and their members' families (although surprisingly, many members recently have contacted DHMO.org to vehemently deny such use),
* by both the KKK and the NAACP during rallies and marches,
* by members of Congress who are under investigation for financial corruption and inappropriate IM behavior,
* by the clientele at a number of bath houses in New York City and San Francisco,
* historically, in Hitler's death camps in Nazi Germany, and in prisons in Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Libya, Iraq and Iran,
* in World War II prison camps in Japan, and in prisons in China, for various forms of torture,
* during many recent religious and ethnic wars in the Middle East,
* by many terrorist organizations including al Quaeda,

* in community swimming pools to maintain chemical balance,
* by software engineers, including those producing DICOM software SDKs,
* in animal research laboratories, and
* in pesticide production and distribution.

What you may find surprising are some of the products and places where DHMO is used, but which for one reason or another, are not normally made part of public presentations on the dangers to the lives of our family members and friends. Among these startling uses are:

* as an additive to food products, including jarred baby food and baby formula, and even in many soups, carbonated beverages and supposedly "all-natural" fruit juices
* in cough medicines and other liquid pharmaceuticals,
* in spray-on oven cleaners,
* in shampoos, shaving creams, deodorants and numerous other bathroom products,
* in bathtub bubble products marketed to children,
* as a preservative in grocery store fresh produce sections,
* in the production of beer by all the major beer distributors,
* in the coffee available at major coffee houses in the US and abroad,
* in Formula One race cars, although its use is regulated by the Formula One Racing Commission, and
* as a target of ongoing NASA planetary and stellar research.

so..........if i belong to a terrorist organisation based in florida, drive a fast car, eat an apple, take a public bath while on my way to NASA to conduct stellar research i may be in trouble?

Collapse -
Reminds me of this. . .
by Coryphaeus / February 24, 2008 7:53 AM PST

It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural... fluids.

Collapse -
And the "deactivate" password was
by drpruner / February 24, 2008 8:32 AM PST

Collapse -
by J. Vega / February 24, 2008 10:47 AM PST

Actually, OPE. Now you've got to answer to the Coca-Cola Company.

Collapse -
(NT) Hey, even Sellers was confused.
by drpruner / February 25, 2008 7:10 AM PST
In reply to: Actually...
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.