Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Chicago Quits Responding To 911 Calls

by James Denison / February 7, 2013 11:13 PM PST
Some calls to 911 that would have gotten an officer on scene in past is to be discontinued in Chicago. Meanwhile Chicago wants to disarm more people in their city. Crazy.
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Chicago Quits Responding To 911 Calls
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Chicago Quits Responding To 911 Calls
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The disarming of good citizens
by James Denison / February 8, 2013 4:36 AM PST
In reply to: Crazy?

Interfering in their right to self defense.

Collapse -
So there are some GOOD citizens in Chicago....
by JP Bill / February 8, 2013 11:10 AM PST

I've permalinked your post

Collapse -
Evenutally all the
by TONI H / February 9, 2013 4:51 AM PST

bad guys will kill each other off and the city can go back to being as corrupt without interruption like NO and LA.

Collapse -
Hasn't happened yet...won't happen in your lifetime,
by JP Bill / February 9, 2013 11:38 AM PST
In reply to: Evenutally all the

you have nothing to look forward to.....I'm sorry.

Collapse -
(NT) you're such a pessimist
by James Denison / February 9, 2013 2:05 PM PST
Collapse -
you are such a pessimist
by James Denison / February 9, 2013 2:06 PM PST
Collapse -
A number of other cities are doing the same thing, James.
by Paul C / February 9, 2013 7:26 PM PST

Just remember that the police are under NO obligation to protect you.

The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

The decision, with an opinion by Justice Antonin Scalia and dissents from Justices John Paul Stevens and Ruth Bader Ginsburg, overturned a ruling by a federal appeals court in Colorado. The appeals court had permitted a lawsuit to proceed against a Colorado town, Castle Rock, for the failure of the police to respond to a woman's pleas for help after her estranged husband violated a protective order by kidnapping their three young daughters, whom he eventually killed.

For hours on the night of June 22, 1999, Jessica Gonzales tried to get the Castle Rock police to find and arrest her estranged husband, Simon Gonzales, who was under a court order to stay 100 yards away from the house. He had taken the children, ages 7, 9 and 10, as they played outside, and he later called his wife to tell her that he had the girls at an amusement park in Denver.

Ms. Gonzales conveyed the information to the police, but they failed to act before Mr. Gonzales arrived at the police station hours later, firing a gun, with the bodies of the girls in the back of his truck. The police killed him at the scene.

When seconds really count, the police are minutes away - if you're lucky.

Collapse -
that's what I've always said
by James Denison / February 9, 2013 8:51 PM PST

The police come around to pick up the pieces. It's sort of telling however when their own butt is targeted, like out in LAPD California, they are willing to shoot first and determine the target later, even if it means shooting up a truck with two women and another with a man.

Collapse -
Or the NYPD at the Empire State Building last August?
by Paul C / February 10, 2013 5:00 PM PST

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said all nine bystanders wounded in Friday's Empire State Building shooting had been hit with police gunfire, CNN reported Saturday morning.

According to Kelly, of the nine wounded, three suffered gunshot wounds and six were hit by fragments.

Gunfire broke out shortly after 9 a.m. on Friday when a gunman identified as 58-year old Jeffrey Johnson shot and killed former coworker Steve Ercolino near the Empire State Building.

Johnson attempted to flee the scene, but was thwarted after a construction worker who followed him tipped off police officers.

Police approached Johnson who aimed his gun at the officers before police opened fire, killing him on the spot.

The NYPD said officers fired 16 rounds with one officer shooting nine and another seven.

The relatives of the wounded called for stricter gun control, and I agree. The NYPD should have their guns taken away until they learn to hit the target at which they're actually aiming. Devil
Collapse -
And when police admit it, they....
by James Denison / February 10, 2013 6:07 PM PST

... end up being targeted for admitting the truth.

Wisconsin sheriff, "'we in law enforcement are unable to protect you, so do what you need to do.'"

"Over the weekend, Mayor Barrett released a statement that criticized the
spot, suggesting it promoted the kind of street vigilantism portrayed
in a popular Clint Eastwood film franchise: "Apparently, Sheriff David Clarke is auditioning for the next 'Dirty Harry' movie," the statement said."

Remember Carl Rowan, the columnist of years ago, a staunch gun control advocate for Washington DC? When his home was "invaded" by some midnight swimmers, he was the first to pull an "illegal" gun and shoot at them.

"The intruder, Chevy Chase, Md., teenager Benjamin Smith, 18, tells a
different story. "I was in my underwear," he told a radio interviewer.
"I just climbed out of the pool. It was pretty innocent. I never spoke
with him. He just shot me and closed the door and went back hiding in
his house. Rowan was charged for firing a gun that he did not legally own. Rowan
was arrested and tried. During the trial, he argued that he had the
right to use whatever means necessary to protect himself and his family. In a 1981 column, he advocated "a law that says anyone found
in possession of a handgun except a legitimate officer of the law goes
to jail—period." In 1985, he called for "A complete and universal
federal ban on the sale, manufacture, importation and possession of
handguns (except for authorized police and military personnel). Rowan was tried but the jury was deadlocked; the judge declared a mistrial and he was never retried."

This Wisconsin Mayor who objects to the Sheriff's warning will do the same as Carl Rowan when it's his home.

Liberals, just another word for Lying Hypocrites.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.