Samsung forum

Change Netflix account on Samsung SmartHub Netflix app?

by kmmccorm / February 4, 2012 8:59 AM PST

Does anyone know how to change the account/login info on the SmartHub Netflix app? I am currently logged in with a cancelled account and there is no visible way to logout or change the user info.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Change Netflix account on Samsung SmartHub Netflix app?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Change Netflix account on Samsung SmartHub Netflix app?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
by kmmccorm / February 4, 2012 9:13 AM PST

It turns out Netflix has incredibly helpful 24/7 support.

This is really the answer to this question:

While logged into the old account and with the app showing the list of movies, hit the following sequence of buttons on the TV remote: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, up, up, up, up.

Collapse -
Additional Info
by starnarcosis / July 18, 2012 8:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Solved!

This will DEACTIVATE the device. So it works, but you will have to reactivate your TV.

Collapse -
Thought this was a joke at first, but it's legit
by brbeaird / July 18, 2012 2:03 PM PDT
Collapse -
Smart Hub = 8 bit NES?
by msantos1116 / July 22, 2012 9:55 AM PDT

I find Smart Hub to be terribly annoying and so poorly organized that it's almost unusable. This should be a simple thing and I find it kind of funny that you have to enter what seems to be the code to have unlimited lives in Contra.

Collapse -
It can't be
by Itsmazzone / January 15, 2014 3:21 PM PST
In reply to: Smart Hub = 8 bit NES?

I saw this answer on another forum and disregarded it because it was a contra/mk3 code figured someone was trollin -__-

Collapse -
by ceri447 / July 29, 2013 8:22 AM PDT

I also confirm this code works. I had the same problem with a lapsed account, and putting in the above combination of key presses deactivates the app and the account, then when you go back into the app you can log into your account.
Unbelievable, that this is the way to change the account details... but it works.

Collapse -
by lastofthegood / January 9, 2014 12:33 AM PST
In reply to: incredible
Collapse -
This is 2014.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 9, 2014 2:57 AM PST
In reply to: netflix

Time for the dinosaurs to evolve.

Collapse -
Thank you
by lois2591 / January 27, 2014 11:18 AM PST

Code works. Happy

Collapse -
Wow it worked
by jkpillow7448 / October 22, 2013 11:16 PM PDT

well, that was NOT expected - This combination of that in a book somewhere? How in the h*** would anyone know that? Is there a similar maneuver to manage other accounts in the Samsung Hub?

Collapse -
by Saihtaik / October 29, 2015 9:55 PM PDT

How can I change?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.