Site Feedback forum

General discussion

by grooveygael / February 6, 2009 1:51 AM PST

From CNET recommendation, I purchased IPOD2computer software for $19.95. Only it is actually $19.95 a month, a fact I still cannot find at their website. Once I realized, I had been billed again and again, despite my instructions to cancel. (I only needed to do a transfer ONCE!)

Efficient, easy to use software, just covert about their fee . . . and non-responsive to clients.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Caution:
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Caution:
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
ipod to computer a SCAM! Don't be fooled by their new name!
by redcandy61 / February 16, 2009 10:55 PM PST

DO NOT GET IPOD2COMPUTER!!!! It is a scam!!! It is now a recurring monthly charge of 19.95!! I've had this program once before. I bought it on the recommendation of a newspaper's computer geek columnist and CNET (year or two ago) and it was time charge of 14.95...worked great.

But had to reinstall OS a while ago and this Christmas we all got new ipods so I bought the program again. Noticed a month after that I was charged for ipod2computer again...well they don't tell you it's a MONTHLY subscription when you purchase it! I went back and checked and there is no mention of it. Went to my order history on their website and cancelled the subscription with subsequent emails to their customer will not get a valid answer from them other than "we're sorry you had a problem with your *subscription*...with instructions on how to cancel your "subscription". Seems like people are reporting that the subscription still continues even after canceling it.

I have alerted my bank and it's in dispute but it's a long drawn out process of banking (federal procedures) redtape to resolve it. ipod2computer can/will keep trying to charge you even after you notified the bank and getting a new debit card # won't stop it.
CAUTION! ipod2computer changed its name to CopyToy...don't be fooled by their changing the name!

Please play it safe...go and buy one of the boxed software programs to do this... CNET better get on this!!

Collapse -
copy toy scam

i bought this product i can not get it register,every time i enter code its said invalid code.i wrote to support 4 days no problem is i went to cnet website to get the program.i do not know how i got fooled.

Collapse -
by shaas8 / July 14, 2011 4:21 AM PDT
In reply to: copy toy scam

I purchased this software from a site named; however when I tried to use the product that site directed me to something called copytoy. The product does not work, there is no manual, no instructions. I emailed the only contact an idiot called Sunny and was told to uninstall it and reinstall their new version (this was all in the same day); I did that. It did not work. I emailed about 15 times and received responses that were barely in English and said nothing other than refer to Quick Start Guide which were 3 screen shots so blurry they couldn't be read. I argued back and forth and got no where. Their emails come in the middle of the night. They would not disclose their location. I asked for a refund and to cancel my purchase. They did not reply to that request. All in all, I probably spent 25 hours over 3 days when friends using another program completed everthing in 15 minutes. They are a scam scam scam scam. Stay away.

Collapse -
I have reported this
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 14, 2011 4:28 AM PDT

to the Forum Admin to be passed to the team.

Thanks for letting us know.

Collapse -
(NT) how did u finally get it off?
by uroseeder1 / July 26, 2012 9:40 AM PDT
Collapse -
Same problem...
by smcguirl3180 / July 19, 2011 2:52 PM PDT

IPOD2computer recently made a charge on my debit card and stated that it is a yearly/annual thing. It is a scam because I never authorized. Their customer service is horrible.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.