Car Tech forum

General discussion

Car Based GPS Navigation System With Backup Camera Display

by whitew1 / August 19, 2007 11:36 PM PDT

Does anyone make a car based GPS Nav system with a backup camera capability. I want a Nav system and a backup camera system for my car. I don't have room for 2 monitors on my dashboard. Is there one system that can fill both requirements? Or, is there a backup camera that can be made to work with a nav display screen?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Car Based GPS Navigation System With Backup Camera Display
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Car Based GPS Navigation System With Backup Camera Display
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by simplexveritas / August 20, 2007 5:02 PM PDT

i believe you can pick up a set at ebay no problem

Collapse -
GPS Navigation System With Backup Camera Display
by whitew1 / August 22, 2007 3:29 PM PDT
In reply to: ebay

Can't find it.

Please provide more info.

Collapse -
Please see Links below for GPS Navigation System +backup cam
by / May 18, 2008 3:42 AM PDT
Collapse -
GPS Navigation System With Backup Camera Display
by markdevas / October 20, 2008 5:49 AM PDT

The GPS unit then automatically switches over to the
camera view. When your take your vehicle out of reverse gear, the reverse lights go out and the camera stops
sending an image. At the same time the unit will stop showing the camera's image and return to the previous

Collapse -
Yep -- See Crutchfield
by MikeDson / August 24, 2007 6:52 AM PDT

Yes, and Crutchfield is offering a free back-up camera with a couple of nav units. See:

Note the link advertising "Free rear view camera, a $200 value", which pops up:
Get a free Vizualogic rear view camera when you purchase a JVC KW-AVX800 or KD-NX5000 in-dash receiver.

Collapse -
Here is the "GPS + Wireless Car Backup Camera"
by / May 18, 2008 3:38 AM PDT
Collapse -
Car Based GPS Navigation System With Backup Camera Display
by mikemon1 / July 22, 2008 6:06 AM PDT

I have the information you need since I have been looking for for such combp of GPS and Rear camera usin the same screen 7". Here is the model and priced reasonably and fetures many, many other things:

7" GPS with wireless backup camera GO740RV

JV International Co.

Here is your link:

Price: $399 plus shipping depending on how fast you want it.

Collapse -
GPS Navigation System with Backup camera
by sdstroker / December 17, 2008 9:44 AM PST

Try I just bought 2 for Christmas at a good price.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.