Because BitDefender has caused similar problems on other computers, please UNINSTALL it. (You can always reinstall it if it doesn't fix the problem.) Then follow the instructions below to reset a few things.
Re-register the Windows Update DLL with the commands below
Click Start, then type: then type cmd in the search box, and when it's displayed at the top of the search box, RIGHT click on cmd.exe, choose "Run as administrator" from the little menu.
When the command windows loads, type the following commands at the blinking cursor. Press ENTER after each command.
Close the command window and reboot the computer. Attempt to run Windows Update
Hope this helps.
Hey Everyone, new member here!
I've been reading this forum for years, but never had the need to ask a question myself until now... I'm hoping anyone can help me figure out what the heck is
wrong with my computer... I simply CANNOT use Microsoft Update! This has been the case for about a year I think, and I have never found a solution to it
and I have tried everything I read online and nothing will fix it....
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
- Sony Vaio VPCF127FX (3 years old)
- Bitdefender Total Security 2013
- Disabled windows firewall/anti-virus/defender
- When trying to 'check for updates', I always get this error:
And error occured while checking for new updates for your computer. Error(s) Found: Code 80073712
- Cannot Install Internet Explorer 9!!
Things I've tried:
- My computer cannot run/execute SFC utility in prompt. It always gives this error:
Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
- I've tried Microsoft Fix it and it finds no problems
- I've tried the latest 'System Update and Readiness Tool'
- I'm confident it has nothing to do with bitdefender. Even so, I've disabled it and removed it to see if it was an issue and this problem is the same.
- Checking Windows Event Logs Gives This information:
FriendlyEventName=Windows Update installation problem
AppName=Host Process for Windows Services
ReportDescription=A Windows update did not install properly. Sending the following information to Microsoft can help improve the software.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please help!!!!