Windows Legacy OS

General discussion

cant do system restore blank screen when restore screen open

by notats / June 26, 2009 4:55 AM PDT

when i select "system restore" from system tools, i get a blank screen. How do i restore system xp home edition. thanks!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: cant do system restore blank screen when restore screen open
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: cant do system restore blank screen when restore screen open
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: cant do system restore blank screen when restore screen
by Tufenuf / June 26, 2009 6:22 AM PDT
Collapse -
what a fantastick person this is that helped me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by notats / June 26, 2009 6:39 AM PDT

WOW!!!! That one thing fixed ALL the problems!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH for figuring this out. All the 2 days spent trying to figure it out, many freeware spyhunters, trojan sniffers, etc. all they want is $$$$...

i owe u BIG TIME for helping me...but my question is.. how did it get that way before?

steve

Collapse -
Re: what a fantastick person this is that helped me!!!!!!!!!
by Tufenuf / June 26, 2009 9:07 AM PDT

steve, Glad to help and Thanks for posting back to let us know the problem is fixed. As far as what caused the problem it's hard to say. If you use some type of registry cleaner it may have removed a registry key that shouldn't have been removed. That's only one possibility as I personally don't recommend using any registry cleaners.

Tufenuf

Collapse -
Blank everything !!!
by bluebonnett187 / August 15, 2012 10:05 AM PDT

This is exactly what happened to me ! Instead of asking for help from some one....do it yourself F-up !!! LOL any way, I am still trying to " fix " the problem...I will let you knowif I get it !!

Collapse -
thank you
by jerk1414 / May 13, 2010 1:05 AM PDT

after going crazy trying to restore my email window and dell system restore window and not logging in completely to my web sites..the above advice was of untold help to me,,thank you thank you thank you

Collapse -
cant connect to email or use system restore????????????????
by valleyboy73 / August 24, 2010 5:50 AM PDT

Just had the same problem scratching my head 4 hours lol thank you ever so much 4 the info YOU DA MAN!!!!!!

Collapse -
Some Window program appear blank screen
by andypham79 / March 7, 2012 1:08 PM PST

I have the same prob, now it is fixed. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Collapse -
Some Window programs appear blank screen when I try to open
by andypham79 / March 7, 2012 1:13 PM PST

I have the same problem like this. Now it is fixed THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Collapse -
Blank page when selecting system restore from system tools.
by starrysky101010 / September 15, 2012 7:05 AM PDT

Hi Tufenuf,

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! Resolved my issue in moments! I was going to use my recovery disks as a last resort. You are the best!

Kathleen

Collapse -
Hi,
by tjsubmariner / April 16, 2013 6:16 AM PDT

Hi, I tried this but when I entered the code in the run box and clicked ok I keep getting a box from Windows telling me that it has encountered a problem and has to close.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.