Samsung forum

Question

cant delete pictures on my galaxy s4?

by sophiaaaa / May 26, 2013 10:10 PM PDT

Ive had this phone for just a day now, and I need to delete some old pictures. I select the pictures I would like to delete, but there's no option. I was successfully able to delete them once. What am I doing wrong?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: cant delete pictures on my galaxy s4?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: cant delete pictures on my galaxy s4?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I've seen this vary on Android apps.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 27, 2013 12:34 AM PDT

In one picture app I found myself limited to deleting one pic at a time. I found that if I tap and hold on the pic then a trashcan appeared to drag it to. Another android app let me select a few pics and to delete I tapped the menu or submenu button and in that menu was the delete.

In a few androids I had to install ES File Explorer and then find the pictures then delete them with ES File Explorer.

Sorry but I don't have a s4 to see which method applies. It's a long weekend so wait another day for the ambassador to show up.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
have an s4 too
by th3boodlebot / December 30, 2013 11:27 PM PST

i was having the same problem and i literally just figured it out. tap the screen when youre reviewing your pictures and at the bottom a little fast searching bar showing previews of media should appear. tap and hold onto this bar containing the pictures and little check boxes should appear. simply tick the boxes, and when you have all you want selected, choose the appropriate action. hope this helps!!!

Collapse -
Answer
Deleting photos
by cbuell90064 / January 4, 2014 9:44 AM PST

I have had the Samsung for for over one month. I called Samsung and I called Sprint. Samsung knew NOTHING. They spent 1 1/2 with me and we both gave up. Sprint spent 1/2 hour with me and pointed me to: picasaweb.google.com to delete photos in Google+ but it didn't delete photos on the Uploads of the Gallery app. and they couldn't figure it out and suggested taking it into the Sprint store.

I finally figured it out! You go to the DropBox app on the phone then Camera Updates then scroll down all you picutes and delete the one you want deleted. This deletes it from your Gallery! How could anyone guess this. Now I know why people buy Apple phones. They couldn't be as crewed up as Google. How Google can survive and prosper making half baked products is a mystery to me.

Collapse -
Simple
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 4, 2014 9:47 AM PST
In reply to: Deleting photos

Folk expected better. I call it "The new Windows."
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.