Computer Newbies

Alert

cant acces bios

by coshadow / February 17, 2014 10:46 PM PST

hi guys .. this is the more detalied problem with a samsung NP270E5E .. it has wind8 by factory installed.. i wanted to put on wind 7 ..so i've entered bios (form wind8) and made some changes .. but in my stupidity i didnt verify twice what changes i've made on secure boot and the others fields.. and i've pressed f10 for save and exit.. after restart it shows me at first the black screen with the logo of samsung and down i have a bar on which it is written press f2 for setup (doesnt work.. it goes on loading for a sec after that it shows me a blac screen which says : "all boot options are tried.press f4 to recovery with the factory image from RECOVERY or any other key for the next boot loop iteration from ") or press f4 for recovery... and if i dont press anything it enters that black screen which says "all boot options are tried.press f4 to recovery with the factory image from RECOVERY or any other key for the next boot loop iteration from"...
if i press f4.. recovery starts.. iti is loading.. and after 30 min of instaling.. at the last step.. it needs to restart to finish install.. but after that restart it shows me exactly the screens i;ve told you at the start .. press f2 for setup and f4 for recovery.. so.. now i'm stuck ..how can i enter bios now ? or what should i do ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: cant acces bios
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: cant acces bios
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Looks like you've asked many times.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 17, 2014 11:01 PM PST
In reply to: cant acces bios

Since the advice didn't pan out call 1800SAMSUNG in the USA and ask what to do next.

And please stop with the Windows 7 effort because it's much harder than it seems. Try CLASSIC SHELL first.
Bob

Collapse -
Same-o, same-o issues
by Willy / February 18, 2014 12:25 AM PST

You need to contact Samsung and get any "recovery/restore discs" in order to use them to get back to square 1 again. It seems in some way you have corrupted your recovery partition meant int. problems. These discs should be part of their wares to offers difficult recoveries so ASAP contact them before they're gone. It also seems you never made the user generated recovery discs???

Alas, installing Win7 or actually going back 1 OS generation isn't always easy. The laptop/PC has to be capable of having access to *ALL DRIVERS* and/or native drivers of the OS being installed. Sometimes that's a hit or miss situation. Further, in newer PCs, the bios or UEFI setup can conflict unless detailed instructions are offered. Being Samsung that also isn't always forthcoming in support by the user alone. BTW, there is a Samsung forum start your query there. You can google for what other users may have done or see the lack of doing this at all and/or success.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
hmmm
by coshadow / February 18, 2014 3:20 AM PST
In reply to: Same-o, same-o issues

i dont think that recovery is corrupted .. i think that the changes i've done in bios wont let me to log on windows8.. but i cant undo the changes if i cant get in bios .. i know that if you remove the battery from the motherboard bios resets .. i have another problem now .. the settings from factory will let me enter bios in some way (i mean with f2 after start or maybe it will let me log on on windows) or i'll do it for nothing ? dont whant to open it piece by piece untill i'll find that bios battery for nothing..

Collapse -
I haven't had to pull a battery in years.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 18, 2014 3:24 AM PST
In reply to: hmmm
Collapse -
about recovery
by coshadow / February 18, 2014 3:29 AM PST
In reply to: Same-o, same-o issues

i have it on my computer.. there is like 30GB of space that it's not on any partition..a safe partition that cant be deleted.. takes all he need from that partition to do recovery... the problem is that it resets my windows.. not my bios.. and changes made in bios wont let me log in to wind8 .. allthough it is installed on my computer.. there is my problem .. it is like a circle.. bios wont let windows log on.. i cant change bios if i cant log on windows..that's why i was wondering // if somone knows .. how does bios resets after i pull out the motherboard battery ?... the factory reset of the bios allows u to log on wind8 .. or you have to install other programs ???

Collapse -
Next level
by Willy / February 19, 2014 12:53 AM PST
In reply to: about recovery

Actually that partition can be deleted and yes it may not appear to be a normal partition. This is an OEM type partition made for recovery purposes. It can be seen or not it all depends but usually is supposed to be hidden until needed. Check below what could be some help.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/samsung/631237-samsung-2012-series-7-chronos-np700z3-np700z4-np700z5-series-owners-lounge-73.html#post8907246

Yes, its older info but it may give insight into the recovery of your PC. Further, while I can't for sure be 100% positive you maybe dealing with regional zone issues if the laptop is restrictive in some way. You mentioned you went from one area to another and that may come into play as for the result your now experiencing. That, a WAG on my part.

I assume you don't want to pay for any outside, but it also is evident you've backed yourself into a corner. You need outside help and what these forums may not provide because laptops do vary and what is offered is generic help and may not cover every dang laptop out there. Since, you did this to yourself, you've left quite possibility to pay to get back a normal Samsung laptop as it was on day 1.

tada ------Willy Happy

Collapse -
My level.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 19, 2014 12:58 AM PST
In reply to: Next level

I own a Samsung with UEFI, Secure Boot and messed up the BIOS settings but found that watching carefully the options and thinking about them along with more web research helped.

Here we have a member that isn't engaged. I see great advice but coshadow isn't writing back with exactly what they are doing or supplying screen shots.

For example there was fine advice about holding down the buttons but coshadow is not writing back they are doing what was offered.

Let's hope they learn from the experience and forget Windows 7 install because if they had this much trouble with the BIOS, the Windows 7 install will make them an Apple convert for life.
Bob

Collapse -
doesnt works ...
by coshadow / February 19, 2014 5:37 AM PST
In reply to: My level.

holding down buttons didint work ...the problem was that i didnt had a good copy of windows 7 .. dont know why i didnt think of that first (was saying : "all boot options are tried") and no one else did ,, anyway .. i;ve insert an xp cd and it worked.. the problem now is that i still cant acces bios .. and now not even f4 for recovery dont works .. it just opens my windows xp ... does anyone knows if i put wind 8 on an memory stick .. and copy it to xp .. and try to install it on xp .. i will have 2 operating sistems ? i will be able to log on wind8 ?

Collapse -
Then it's possible it's in need of repair.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 19, 2014 5:44 AM PST
In reply to: doesnt works ...

All and I mean dozens of Windows 8 laptops with UEFI, secure boot are responding to the hold down the fkey method. If yours does not then the news is grim. Something is broke.

As to the Windows 7 DVD, Microsoft is very good at replacement of bad media but I fear that (again) installing Windows is not possible given the story so far.

As to the Windows 8 question, that is made before you wipe out the installed Windows 8 otherwise you have to order restore media for a price. At least that's cheaper than paying for Windows 8.
Bob

Collapse -
just
by coshadow / February 19, 2014 5:58 AM PST

want to know if i install wind 8.. while i am on xp(because it is the only one working at the moment) ..i can install it on a different partion..when i'll restart my computer after installing it will ask me which operating sistem i want to use? if i can go on wind8 i'll have acces to bios so i can go back to the default settings... and after that i'll go with the recovery.. using the wind 8 recovery image i have on my hdd from the start which has license and all that...

Collapse -
I'm going with no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 19, 2014 6:02 AM PST
In reply to: just

The Windows 8 license is an OEM one and does not activate the full retail or other Windows 8 DVD you can get from Digital River. Some can't wrap their head around licensing and think that what comes with a PC is the "full" license. It's not.

As to your recovery, let's hope it survived but it's rare to see that after folk do what I read you have here.

Again, the machine sound broken in some way. It's new, so get it back to Samsung for repair.
Bob

PS. And no. You'll have to deal with getting it to the country of purchase most of the time as few machines have international warranties.

Collapse -
new problem now ..
by coshadow / February 19, 2014 5:08 AM PST
In reply to: Next level

in the end i think it was because of the dvd i had with wind 7...it was made bad...i've tried with an xp cd just to see what happens and it boot'ed .. the problem is i've left him go all the way .. and now i have xp on my laptop.. but still cant accees bios ,when it starts it goes directly on windows xp no mather what i try ... when samsung logo apears when i power it on doesn work not even f4 for recovery now ,, it simply goes on loading windows xp .. so .. now .. the problem is this .. what happens if i tri to install an wind8 dvd .. from windows xp ? i'll have 2 operating sistems ? can i log on into wind 8? if yes i'll be able to enter bios .. and problem solved :))

Collapse -
I'm going with no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 19, 2014 5:17 AM PST
In reply to: new problem now ..

Every machine I've seen folk change the BIOS and install XP erases the boot area as well as the recovery system. Let's hope you made the recovery USB stick first.

And not once have you detailed how you tried to get to the BIOS. I see fine answers that work on my Samsung EFI BIOS here and other UEFI machines but I want to read your steps. What key and how you tapped or something else.
Bob

Collapse -
Bob
by coshadow / February 19, 2014 8:05 AM PST
In reply to: I'm going with no.

at the starting screen .. after i power on my laptop .. i have the samsung logo on an black screen .. down i have a bar which says for like 1 sec .. it has written on... F2 for setup , F4 for recovery .... nothing works .. it just skip that step and logs on to windows xp .. i've tried all F's like many times .. it just goes on entering windows xp . .therefore .. i cant acces bios ... or nothing else ... about the recovery system .. when i've installed xp .. i've noticed .. that the space for recovery wasnt shown ... like .. from 500 gb .. from my hdd .. i was able to use just 470 .. and i've made 3 parts : C=70 gb , D=E=200gb

Collapse -
About that DVD. Should never be a problem.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 19, 2014 5:18 AM PST
In reply to: new problem now ..

Microsoft has been great about replacing bad media.

Collapse -
Any cracked software here?
by Dafydd Forum moderator / February 19, 2014 5:22 AM PST

I had to ask.

Dafydd.

Collapse -
Could be at the root of many of the problems.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 19, 2014 5:23 AM PST

It's a shame they floored it and slammed their new ride into a brick wall before trying Classic Shell.

Collapse -
True.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / February 19, 2014 5:25 AM PST

Dafydd.

Collapse -
now .. yes.. it's all cracked lol ...
by coshadow / February 19, 2014 7:23 AM PST

in your country's it's just normal to buy a dvd with windows with license .. but here .. a windows7 goes from a half month earnings to an full month earnings ...so it is quite difficult to buy..

Collapse -
You're A Jerk
by itsdigger / February 19, 2014 7:42 AM PST

Wasting all of these good folks time like that.
Not only that you're a thief .
You deserve being stuck in your country!

Digger

Collapse -
It's new. Why not start over?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 18, 2014 1:01 AM PST

Just pack it up and exchange it so you can start over. It appears that you don't want to use Samsung's phone support and this will let you try again but learn your lesson to stay out of the BIOS for now.

You can install Classic Shell and enjoy what I think is one of the best Windows so far.
Bob

Collapse -
not that easy
by coshadow / February 18, 2014 3:12 AM PST

1. i am not an usa citizen
2. i've called samsung in my country...problem is that this laptop was bought from another country.. and the warranty is avaible only in that country...and of course first i wanna know if i can fix it by my self... if it is something easy .. or i dont know..... instead of paying someone to solve my problems..usually they charge u with much money just for two clicks ... if there is a problem that i cant fix it at home of course i'll go and pay in the end .. stupidity costs.. i've noticed..

Collapse -
It appears you can't fix this yourself.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 18, 2014 3:16 AM PST
In reply to: not that easy

It's not something easy as the BIOS has changed over the years. If Samsung won't answer how to put it back then it's a sad day.

And again, folk, please use Classic Shell as installing Windows 7 and getting the machine to work fully is far too much for most. While I've done this I charge hundreds for the service. I don't mind handing out a guide but I find folk that want a step by step for specific models. That's going to cost.
Bob

Collapse -
samsung
by coshadow / February 18, 2014 3:56 AM PST

the operators from samsung are doing just one thing assists you to the nearest repair shop... it says on theyr site that they can assist you online.. but the same thing .. they dont even listen to your problem .. but give right away an adress for the nearest repair shop ...it's like... Hello.. you have a problem with your samsung product ? oh .. tell me where you life so i can point you the nearest repai shop...

Collapse -
I see why today.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 18, 2014 4:06 AM PST
In reply to: samsung

As noted I can't see you reply with what you did exactly. I can't tell if you tried it the way told in many posts so far so my advice is now changing to find a repair shop.

I'll repeat my advice about Classic Shell since if you can't deal with today's modern UEFI BIOS you would absolutely burn up on re-entry about installing Windows 7 and getting it all to work again.
Bob

Collapse -
sry bob
by coshadow / February 18, 2014 4:51 AM PST
In reply to: I see why today.

so.. help for samsung i get only on repair shops... takeing the battery off and the pressing the power button for a minute doesnt works ..i am thinking of removeing the bios battery.. but afraid to do more damage.. still searching for responses on the internet.. and in the end i'll take it to an repair shop i guess

Collapse -
Well if it kills the laptop it solves the problem badly.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 18, 2014 5:09 AM PST
In reply to: sry bob

I have not pulled a battery in years. I can't guess why you would if it's outside your comfort zone.

Again I see fine advice yet you never reply with exact steps you tried so I can't guess if you did it the way others wrote so far.
Bob

Collapse -
Locking all threads.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 19, 2014 8:03 AM PST

Sorry but since it's cracked OS and more that's not supportable here. My advice is to restore it to factory conditions and try Classic Shell.

Good luck,
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.