PC Hardware forum

Canon MF4570 paper jam

by up-upandaway / January 4, 2013 11:18 AM PST

the paper picks up fine but it stops right past where it would meet the toner cartridge image drum with the error "paper jam"

It is brand new paper - no foreign object\paper stopping the paper. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Canon MF4570 paper jam
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Canon MF4570 paper jam
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
(NT) It's new. Return it for one that works.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 4, 2013 12:33 PM PST
In reply to: Canon MF4570 paper jam
Collapse -
by up-upandaway / January 5, 2013 1:15 PM PST

Sorry, let me clarify. the printer is a little over 1 year old. i tried a new toner cartridge (some people post that fixes the problem) and have new paper - same problem.

Thanks though..

Collapse -
At even past the 1 year warranty
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 6, 2013 12:47 AM PST
In reply to: Clarification

You still call it in and ask for a repair since these are expected to make it that far. Sure you can look into repair but folk that ask rarely go out to find and replace rollers or parts. They often demand the the diagnosis be correct. These units are rarely repaired but are replaced. Folk that are new to this seem to get upset by disposable products.

Collapse -
Do READ. Indeed a small paper was there.
by sanjeevbathinda / October 4, 2014 6:01 PM PDT

I found that my printer stopped since a paper jam occurred. Well, I opened the door, removed the cartridge and found an A4 paper stuck. I gently pulled it and the paper was out.

But still printer won't start saying that a paper was stuck inside it. I tried every mean to find (in back outside door, inside, outside). Searched internet, shook the printer sideways, upside down, but nothing.

But lo, behold, in the top outside bin (where paper just comes out), I pulled the rollers (they don't fully come out, but just drop a bit), and found ANOTHER a4 paper (i.e. two papers had been jammed inside and I pulled out just one).

Also, I'd like to add, at another time, I fed a small a paper (about 3 by 5 inches) which was just lost inside printer, and showed a jam, that paper too had been stuck here only, in the path just before where the paper comes out of small rolllers.

So, that's it my friends, hope it helps.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.