Cameras forum

General discussion

Canon EOS 5D Mark III or Nikon D800

by pkbothers / July 12, 2013 3:10 PM PDT

Which one I should buy Canon EOS 5D Mark III or Nikon D800? I have gone through many reviews no one is a clear winner. I need clear and crisp picture quality. Need an expert and honest opinion here. Price is not a factor.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Canon EOS 5D Mark III or Nikon D800
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Canon EOS 5D Mark III or Nikon D800
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I love my new D800
by Crashworth / July 16, 2013 12:00 AM PDT

I was in the same place your in now.

If its low light you want go Canon.
If its dynamic range and great colour go Nikon.

I also don't like Canon's controls for the camera.
I needed the roller controls on the back and front.

But Canon has a better standard zoom lens than Nikon.

A camera is only good as the glass in front of it.

They are incredible cameras. Both will make you say....
Wow! At the end of the day.

Collapse -
Love my nikon
by jacksonethen13 / July 17, 2013 9:23 PM PDT
In reply to: I love my new D800

Seriously I think Nikon D800 is best, I am saying not by comparing the both, but the flexibilty of using those cameras

Collapse -
There is no clear winner
by PistonCupChampion / July 16, 2013 1:09 AM PDT

At the level of these cameras, it is your skill as a photographer that determines the image quality, not the camera. A camera is a tool. The 5D and D800 are some of the best tools available, but you have to know how to use them. Put another way, you can buy a $20 hammer or a $200 hammer, but if you don't know how to build a house, the more expensive hammer won't make you a better carpenter.

The bottom line is if you want the best quality photos, you have to learn the craft of photography first.

Collapse -
Totally Agree
by Crashworth / July 16, 2013 3:14 AM PDT

I agree with the comments made by PistonCupChampion.
No would ask a famous painter what canvas he used or what brush.
A famous musician is not good because he plays with a "Les Paul" Guitar.
Its the talent that is evoked from the tool by the artist.

What feels good to you in hand working with it should help determine what you buy.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.