Samsung forum

Question

cannot turn on soundbar with anynet??

by froggzy / July 11, 2011 3:31 AM PDT

hello,
i just got an hw-d570 to go with my led tv 7700. the problem i have is that i can turn off the sound bar when i turn off the tv, but when i restart the tv, the sound bar doesn't turn on. i need to go to the menu, anynet, start anynet from here. then the sound bar will start.
i can of course use the remote of the sound bar, turn it on, start anynet.. but the point is, i want do do it from one remote, the tv one... and actually, it should work like that? no?
thank you for helping

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: cannot turn on soundbar with anynet??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: cannot turn on soundbar with anynet??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
bunp
by froggzy / July 11, 2011 7:41 AM PDT

bump

Collapse -
Answer
cannot turn on soundbar with anynet??
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 11, 2011 8:38 AM PDT

froggzy,

Collapse -
auto power doesn't work...
by froggzy / July 11, 2011 4:29 PM PDT

it says on the manual tat autoi power doesn't work if anynet is on... this baffles meally.. Sad

Collapse -
Answer
Resolved yet?
by J0rgen / November 8, 2011 3:04 PM PST

Hi froggzy.

Collapse -
Answer
Unplug from wall.
by whowee / August 22, 2012 12:45 PM PDT

After 2 hours going back and forth between the TV techs and the Home Theater techs, I finally convinced someone to send out a repair person since both products were under warranty through Samsung. After all the different configurations we tried, it all boiled down to unplugging the TV and the soundbar from the wall (the outlet) first. Hooked everything up, HDMI only, plugged it back in, turned on the TV, then used anynet to turn on the receiver. Apparently by unplugging from the wall, leaving both devices with no power, they must reconfigure. If they are not unplugged, they go into a standby mode and may not recognize each other..

Collapse -
Re: Unplug from wall.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 23, 2012 12:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Unplug from wall.

Hi Whowee,

I'm sorry for the difficulty you were put through. If you could post your transaction # from the phone conversations, I'd like to see what we can do to ensure that in the future other customers can get assisted more effectively.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Transaction # 2114431070
by whowee / August 23, 2012 1:39 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Unplug from wall.

Transaction # 2114431070

In my excitement posted to this thread on accident. The unplugging from the wall only solved the anynet connection issue. Now that the TV and Soundbar are communicating, I am experiencing the same issue as others. The Soundbar will not turn on with the TV.

Collapse -
Re: Power on the Soundbar with TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 24, 2012 12:55 AM PDT

Hi Whowee,

I'm sorry. I didn't get from your initial message that you wanted to turn on the TV with the soundar, but here's how you do so: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=390286

I realize you want to use HDMI, but you'll need to use optical instead. I do apologize for the multiple people you had to speak to in order to get to this information. I'll be looking into correcting what went wrong.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Sorry, wrong answer!
by spaceguy09 / September 10, 2012 3:11 AM PDT

Listen, there are thousands of folks that are having this same issue. It should not, and, is not, how it is connected. As advertised, AnyNet should communicate the commands to the TV / Soundbar / DVD, etc... Most of us have tried HDMI vs D In, without success. In my case, I can either use HDMI, and turn off the soundbar with the TV, but, not back on, or, switch to optical, and have it turn on with the TV, but, not off. And, with the D In, I no longer have AnyNet!. Listen, We are the consumers here, who buy products that are of good quality, and have features that we like. If these features do not work as advertised, then, the manufacture should recall them, or at least provide a valid fix. I personally spent over $4000.00 on all of my Samsung TV equipment, and I was told that it all would work together. The TV and the 3D DVD do work fine, and, the DVD will turn off or on via AnyNet. It seems the problem is only the soundbar. Please work on this issue, or, drop the units from retail until you do.

Thanks,

Collapse -
Soundbar and samsung un467100
by mudedla2013 / February 20, 2013 8:52 AM PST
In reply to: Sorry, wrong answer!

I tried and tried with Optical and HDMI. with hdmi ARC connected po soundbar I can turn off with TV. With Optical I can't turn off or on with the TV.

How many time I click auto power button on soundbar remote..it always shows not available with anynet + on.

Please help me.

Collapse -
From what I read, AnyNet is on HDMI.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 20, 2013 9:04 AM PST
Collapse -
Soundbar and samsung un467100
by mudedla2013 / February 20, 2013 10:26 PM PST

Thank you for the reply.

I read some of the issues in the above link, but not clear.

Please tell me how to connect below devices.

Samsung TV UN46es7100
Samsung Sound Bar
HDMI
Optical audio cable.

Please give me instructions to how to connect these devices to get sound bar on and off with tv remote and volume controls.

Thank you.

Collapse -
As far as I know
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 21, 2013 1:10 AM PST

It powers up with Anynet when connected with HDMI.

You didn't answer my question which is fine, but let's see what the Ambassador writes.

In closing, don't bury new questions in old posts. This discussion is nearly 2 years old.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: As far as I know...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 21, 2013 3:39 AM PST
In reply to: As far as I know
Collapse -
Soundbar HW-E450 and samsung un46es7100
by mudedla2013 / February 21, 2013 5:06 AM PST

My model
Soundbar HW-E450 and samsung un46es7100

Collapse -
Same Prob - can't turn on soundbar with TV remote
by cxb1234 / February 24, 2015 2:02 AM PST
In reply to: Sorry, wrong answer!

It's now 2015 and no answer as to why we can't turn ON the soundbar with the TV remote. Seems to be generic with Samsung TV/Soundbar configurations. Have to use the soundbar remote to turn it on, Dumb! I would love to I talk to the designer and have him explain why so.

After much time on chat room I sent soundbar back to Samsung to be fixed. (TRX REF #: 4128665708) They said it checked out fine. I said, did you try connecting soundbar to TV and try to turn it OFF/ON. No response from Samsung. They just sent it back to me and it STILL DOES NOT WORK!. Yes it turns OFF just fine but not ON.

I don't expect a reply. May still return to Costco and get my money back.

Soundbar Model # HW-HM45C/ZA. TV MODEL UN46D7000LFXZA>

Chuck

Collapse -
Old Thread Warning.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2015 2:46 AM PST

Almost have a lucky number of days there. It's been 1324 days so you're just a little off from a magic 1234 days but here's the rub.

It's either an oversight or some limitation of the TV's remote or worse, a patent issue. Some folk are loathe to know, read or dive into patents but I can assure you that patents stop companies from creating systems that just work.

Be sure to vote with your wallet and feet on this issue. Return what doesn't work or make it work with things like Logitech Harmony or Hubs.
Bob

Collapse -
Samsung Soundbars always need soundbar remote!
by Andy2039 / March 9, 2015 10:56 AM PDT

To all of you, lost souls who want to control Samsung soundbars with tv remote only - it cannot be done. There are 2 options:

Option 1 - HDMI/ARC/Anynet - You can only turn OFF (not ON) the sound bar with TV remote when HDMI cable is connected. You can also control soundbar vol with TV remote.

Option 2 - Optical Cable - You can only turn ON (not OFF) the sound bar with TV remote when optical cable is connected. You cannot control soundbar vol with TV remote.

I know we are not asking for much but here is tech support telling me the options available, i know u won't believe me!!! so here is the tech support chat:

Glen: I understand that you are trying to control sound bar with TV remote.
Visitor: exactly - So far, I can move up/down volume, turn off TV and soundbar - all with TV remote
Glen: How exactly you are connecting sound bar to TV?
Visitor: digital audio cable and HDMI out to HDMI-2/ARC IN
Glen: Let me explain this,
Glen: You can only turn OFF the sound bar with TV remote when HDMI cable is connected.
Glen: You can only turn ON sound bar when optical cable is connected.
Glen: Both functions cannot be done.
Visitor: please carry on
Glen: So, you can access to only one function either ON or OFF
Visitor: Is there a way that I can discard/not need the soundbar remote at all?
Glen: I'm afraid, there are no options.
Visitor: what is the recommended setup by Samsung?
Glen: If you wish to turn OFF the sound bar, HDMI cable is needed.
Glen: To turn ON, optical cable is needed.
Visitor: I have the optical cable
Glen: So, you can turn ON sound bar with TV remote.
Glen: But you cannot turn OFF.
Visitor: So I cannot solve it by having both cables plugged
Glen: Yes, both features are not available.
Visitor: ok got it
Visitor: how vol? Can I control vol with TV remote?
Glen: No, you can only turn ON sound bar, when optical cable is connected.
Visitor: in other words, there are 2 options: 1 - I can control vol with HDMI/anynet but TV remote will not be able to turn on soundbar -
Glen: Yes, that is correct,
Visitor: 2 - With optical cable, I can turn on soundbar with TV remote but unable to control vol
Visitor: and unable to turn it off
Glen: Yes, you are correct.
Visitor: last question, do you have a soundbar that I can actually control with TV remote?
Glen: No, all sound bars work with same features.
Visitor: sorry, last question ...
Glen: Please go ahead.
Visitor: I currently gave TV arc / anynet - but I don't have sound - do u have a recommendation?
Visitor: to solve this?
Visitor: is that because I have optical and HDMI cable plugged at the same time?
Glen: Disconnect optical cable and check once
Visitor: ok - got it -
Visitor: is there a work around ? do i need to get a different remote ? I'm looking for the implicity of having one remote - that's all
Glen: As of now, we don't have any updated information.
Visitor: Thank you Glen!
Glen: You're welcome.
Glen: I just wanted to make you aware of some really good support pages that are available to our customers.?Samsung SPOT (Smart Personal Online Training) offers real-time Samsung support with a product expert through live video chat. visit us at Samsung SPOT Our hours of operation(currently) are: Monday to Friday / 10am to 7pm EDT.?If you are looking for more details on the functionality of a product or would like to find answers to some of the questions, visit us at SamsungSimulator for an interactive review of some of our Samsung products.
Glen: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Visitor: no I think you saved me extra hours of looking in the internet about doing this - Samsung may be able to save tech support questions by including upfront that the soundbar always need the remote
Visitor: Happy no biggie
Glen: Thank you.
Glen: Please click on the blue "X close" button to fill the survey.
Glen: Your feedback is much appreciated.
Visitor: but a head scratcher for those of us who want one remote
Glen: Yes, I do understand.
Glen: Thanks for chatting with Samsung Support. If you have a minute, please click on the blue "X close" button to receive the transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey to help us serve you better. ?Follow Samsung Service on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Visitor: Ty

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.