Windows 7 forum

General discussion

by alainwriter / March 28, 2010 7:14 AM PDT

the only right click option which appears is "copy" but you cannot then "paste"mthat into your Windows Exploer folders.

The only work around I have found is to send the Email to my Hotmail account and then save the "attachments" (.jpg) which arrive with it for the graphics.

Is there a setting/option that can be adjusted so that incoming email graphics can be saved directly( addition to right click option) to a graphics folder or even a Microsoft program like Paint, Image viewer or similar?

OS Windows 7 Home Premium - OFFICE 2007 Teaching Version Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Word,

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CANNOT SAVE PICTURES FROM INCOMING OUTLOOK 2007 EMAILS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Follow these steps to save picures...
by CassandraF_WinTeam / March 28, 2010 1:37 PM PDT

Hi There,

Try following these steps to save the picture:

1. Right click on the embedded picture and click on copy.
2. Right click on your desktop and click Paste.
3. The "Active Desktop" dialog box will appear and tell you that you need to save the picture in order to do this, just click "Yes" to continue.
4. Windows now brings up the Save As dialog box and you can save the .jpg picture wherever you want.

Let me know if this solves the problem!

Collapse -
Or try this...
by CassandraF_WinTeam / March 29, 2010 3:34 AM PDT
Collapse -
by shamantoho / March 28, 2011 12:09 PM PDT

1) Open the email with embedded images in message body, click "Other Actions" button found in the Actions tab and select "View In Browser".

2) Now, the email is opened in Internet Explorer. Press ALT+F to bring up File menu and select "Save As" option.

Collapse -
Why is this even happening?
by EVnut100 / May 19, 2013 2:27 PM PDT
In reply to: workaround

I'd like to bring this thread back to life just in case anybody has figured out what's wrong here....

Why all these work-arounds? Does anybody know why this happens in the first place? Some setting that isn't right? Why do some of us only see a "copy" option with the right-click context menu? My friends all say they have a "save as" option when they do this. I do not - I have the same problem as the OP... I can only "copy" and pasting it does nothing for me. None of the work-arounds work, and I can't figure out why I even NEED a work-around.

Outlook 2007
Picture embedded in email

Collapse -
HELP - agreed - is this a flaw in Outlook 2007?
by whyvonny / October 21, 2014 7:11 AM PDT

None of above work arounds work. Why can't we right click and SAVE AS?

Collapse -
I have to write no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 21, 2014 7:31 AM PDT

Since it works here it must be a flaw in your OS or installation. Where Microsoft and others fail is how to repair I'm sure you have read reload the OS or app. This thread is more than 1668 days old.

Collapse -
The issue remains for several of us
by whyvonny / October 21, 2014 11:12 AM PDT
In reply to: I have to write no.

And so how old this post is - is really irrelevant - the problem persists.

For the record I found a couple workarounds but still agree we shouldn't have to jerry rig the program to make it work.

1. Forward the email to yahoo ... it knows how to save as for an image.

2. On another forum I saw where you can: File, Save the Email to your desktop and when you pull it up again you are then able to Save As.

Collapse -
Then take it to the mountain or mountaintop?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 21, 2014 11:18 AM PDT

It works fine here so my thought is that it's something off in folk's PCs. Clearing up such errors is what I do but I can't see your machine. For example I've found that some accounts do this and a new (Windows account) is fine. There are some that feel that such work is uncalled for and want Microsoft to fix their PC.

PS. Sure it's relevant that it's been that way for you for 4 years. Why did you live with so long?

Collapse -
that's because of two "clipboards"
by James Denison / October 21, 2014 8:59 PM PDT

It's saving to one, and trying to paste from the other and the twain do not meet. My Linux has two clipboards by default, but I have no problem accessing either one, so maybe Windows has 2 ways to paste, so that one works but the other doesn't? In Linux I can right clk to paste from one clipboard, and press the wheel clk on mouse to paste from the second, depending on which clipboard method it was saved to. Have you tried opening explorer, open the folder you want it saved to and then Hold the CTRL key while pressing the V key? If that doesn't work for you, then download a windows capable software that installs a multiple clipboard and that should fix it up for you and add capabilities.

Clipboard manager is popular. Here's the windows version.

Here's an example, as shown in Ubuntu

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.