Samsung

General discussion

cannot record Vizio VO320E TV program with samsung dvd-vr375

by katmcg / November 26, 2009 8:41 AM PST

I want to record a TV program on a Memorex DVD-RW disk. From the dvd-vr375 I can play a dvd, but I can not record a TV program. With HDML1 selected, I can access dvd-vr375 menus, but I see no TV program picture. I tried dvd-vr375 EZrecord resulting in a blank screen recording during playback, same results using Timer. Timer allowed me to set channel 7 but not the correct 7-1. Suggestions please?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: cannot record Vizio VO320E TV program with samsung dvd-vr375
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: cannot record Vizio VO320E TV program with samsung dvd-vr375
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
cannot record Vizio VO320E TV program with samsung dvd-vr375
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 27, 2009 12:34 PM PST

katmcg,

Unfortunately, the DVD recorder can't record from a HDMI cable, and most televisions - under any circumstances - will not send a HD signal out. This is to cut down on copyrighted materials, and isn't a decision that was made by manufacturers.

The only recording input is possible by using the composite cable.

--HDTech

Collapse -
what is a composite cable
by katmcg / November 28, 2009 12:21 AM PST

What do I need to plug in where
On the back of the samsung I have these in ports
AV1 IN?video?from the: top yellow, white, red
AV Out?video?from the: top yellow, white, red
Audio out?from the: top metal, red
Digital Audio out which is below Audio out
Component Video out?from the: top green, blue, red
HDMI out

Collapse -
what is a composite cable
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 4, 2009 7:59 AM PST

katmcg,

Composite is the yellow video cable, with the red and white audio cables. You'll want to feed directly from the source (cable/sat box) to the DVD-recorder, or from the TV's out, if there is one.

--HDTech

Collapse -
I'm returning the Samsung DVD recorder
by katmcg / December 4, 2009 8:43 AM PST

Is there any DVD player/recorder that is easy to setup and will record TV programs off the Vizio TV, which only has an antenna (no cable)? I'm returning the Samsung DVD recorder after calling Dell, Vizio and Samsung's tech support. No one knew how to make the DVD record programs off the Vizio TV or even if it was possible. Thanks for the help. I tried the composite cable, plays DVDs, just won't record.

Collapse -
I'm returning the Samsung DVD recorder
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 4, 2009 9:50 AM PST

katmcg,

I wish I could have helped. But even looking at the specs:

http://www.vizio.com/vo320e.html?SID=bja5tnu4e0fso2333d58qeb4m4

The only output ports are the digital optical and stereo audio. Most cable boxes and satellite boxes have an output jack for that, but most televisions (including ours) do not.

There isn't a tuner on the player, so that's why there's no antenna jack available on the player itself. So there's no solution I can offer.

Thanks for giving us a try, though. I hope we can earn your business in the future.

--HDTech

Collapse -
no cable
by katmcg / November 28, 2009 7:45 AM PST

Also Vizio TV has only a TERK indoor antenna. The Samsung has no antenna connection

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.