Computer Newbies

General discussion

Cannot Open IncrediMail Xe ~ HELP!

by Marilyn66 / December 15, 2004 5:28 AM PST

Hi there everyone, I am new to these forums and I hope someone can direct me.

I have been using the free version of Incredimail w/smiley Central for the past year or so. Recently I did a spyware/adware check and Spybot S & D detected a problem. I did a clean up and now I cannot open my Incredimail Xe. It gives me an error message telling me that the correct version of the Flash plug-in is not installed... takes me to the Macromedia website. I had to download Shockwave via the stand alone method. I also reinstalled IncrediMail Xe. So, I have both up to date versions, but I STILL get the same error message. I am able to access other websites that use Flash and it is fine. So, I am at a loss. It appears that Incredimail does not detect the Flash/Shockwave??!

I have reverted back to Outlook Express. However, I want to get at the information in my Incredimail folders/address book/etc., save this info and get rid of Incredimail (since I've been hearing that the free version is spyware and there is virtually no tech support.)

I would like to get into Incredimail because it would be easier and faster (?) to transfer my goodies from there.

Any suggestions? I am using Win 98 & IE version 6.

Thank you in advance Grin

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cannot Open IncrediMail Xe ~ HELP!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cannot Open IncrediMail Xe ~ HELP!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Marilyn, Just A Guess Here...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / December 15, 2004 9:15 AM PST

...but it appears like Incredimail installs it's own "old" version of Flash...As a result, if you install the newer, updated version, then attempt to reinstall Incredimail, then the older version doesn't get installed. Normally, older versions don't get installed over the top of the newer ones.

You might try uninstalling Incredimail, then uninstall ALL versions of flash on the computer, then reinstall the mail program again.

Another option, have you tried "restoring" the changes that Spybot made from within the Spybot program? It might be a registry entry that was removed.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
I have a similar problem with incredimail...
by jeffreylim / December 17, 2004 12:08 AM PST

Hi there, I've been using Incredimail with my Outlook Express version 6 for a while till I decided to uninstall the program.

Trouble is, just before I did so, i had a couple of emails that had been received but not read. Since I uninstalled the incredimail program, I can't seem to retrieve those unread mails!

Can anyone tell me how I can go about getting those unread emails back on my normal Outlook Express inbox? Will reloading Incredimail help? Greatly appreciate any assistance anyone can give!!

Collapse -
Incredimail problem
by Kees Bakker / December 17, 2004 5:00 AM PST

Jeffrey,

I would say you've got quite another problem than the original poster.

Say, you make a spreadsheet with Excel, and save it, and then uninstall Excel. Chances are you have no program left to view and edit it. Agreed?

Now you make an Inbox with Incredimail, and put/receive mail in it and uninstall Incredimail. Chances are that you have no program left to view it. Outlook Express certainly doesn't.

So my best bet would be to re-install Incredimail and use that program to view and export your email. Be sure to make a copy of your mailfolders, because the install might overwrite them.

Or try the incredimail batch converter incrediconvert: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4153.html
That would be my first bet.

Hope this helps.

Kees

Collapse -
Incredimail Support
by sta3rd / December 17, 2004 8:45 AM PST

I like using Icrdml myself. When I really get frustrated trying to solve a problem, I go to the following site:

www.subscription@incredimail.com

Give it a try.
BobS

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.