Peripherals forum

General discussion

Cannot get any TV Tuner Cards to Work

by Olds / September 26, 2005 3:16 AM PDT

Hello all,

I've been having a hard time getting any TV Tuner Cards to work in my current rig. Here are the Specs:

AMD 3500+
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
1 Gb Corsair DDR 400 XLPro
1X XFX 6800GT
2X WD 74 Gb Raptors NVRaid 0
WD 250 Gb PATA HD
Sony DVD-Burner
Sony DVD-Rom
Antec Neo Power 480 PSU
Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case
Windows XP Pro SP2

So far I have tried two TV Tuner cards:
Sapphire Theater 550 Pro Theatrix and
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150

At first I blamed the problems with the ATI card on the cyberlink software that was included, but now I'm not sure. The Hauppauge card will not display video and there is no sound even though it searches and finds all the cable channels when it sets up.

Here is a list of some of the things that I have already tried:
1.Enabled PCI Snoop palette in BIOS
2.Updated all drivers and BIOS
3.Downloaded updated software and codecs from manufacturer site.
4.Have also removed and reloaded drivers multiple times and rebooted

The card shows up in device manager and says it is working properly (ha). If anyone knows about conflicts with any of my hardware or has any idea on how to fix this it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cannot get any TV Tuner Cards to Work
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cannot get any TV Tuner Cards to Work
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hmm.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 26, 2005 3:22 AM PDT

I have the simple hauppaugge, but it does require the latest motherboard drivers, video drivers and ... the latest DirectX.

Best of luck getting it to work.

The sound can be confusing to some. I find many don't hook up the analog audio out to the sound card and even more may not know how to enable this analog audio pathway.

Bob

Collapse -
I have a similar problem
by rio100 / October 23, 2005 11:19 PM PDT

Is there a compatibiltiy problem with the Asus A8N-E and the Hauppauge tvr 150? The card works in old Dell. but despite driver and slot reconfigurations Th card does not function. Black TV screen and any mouse selection causes the machine to go very slow with a glitchy mouse cursor that lats unitl the operation is complete , about 30 seonds. I am running a raid setup striping with 2 hard drives and an AMD 64 3500 939rt and 1 gig of corsair ram . I am using Bios 1008

Collapse -
I also have a similar problem With My Hauppague 350
by islandporgy / February 13, 2006 8:11 AM PST

My TV Tunner card works on my other hard drive but When I use my WD 74 Raptor 10,000 rmp drive as C: drive I have a problem runnig my card. Somtimes it works and most of the time it does not work. I go into Bios and switch to another drives that has XP on it and the TV Tunner card works fine, just on my Sata drive I have issues with the card. I get the error message (Win TV initialization error. HTV=0). I spoke to one of the technicians at Hauppauge on L.I. N.Y. And they could not help me with the issue. They told me put in in another PCI slot and reinstall the software and I did all of that. (With know luck)
My Configuration is bellow:
AMD 3200 with Thermaltake CL-P0006 92mm Vantec fan
2 gigs dual channel Memory PC 3200
Gigabyte GA 7NNXP Mother board
BFG 6800 GT 256
Memorex Dual layer DVD R
Asus DVD Rom
Atech Flash PRO-9 Media card reader
Floppy Drive
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum
Logitech 5500 5.1 speaker sysyem
Vantec Fan Controler With four 80 mm Tornados
Chieftec Aluminum Case
1 Maxtor 200 gig 1 Maxtor 80 gig XP 1 WD 74 10,000 XP
200 on raid 1 Storage drive
80 XP Home on IDE 1
74 XP Home on Sata 1
All drives 200 & 80 drives locked with folder lock
Thermaltake 680 power supply
Any assistance (I would be grateful)
Wendell H

Collapse -
Hauppauge TV Tuner Card Problem
by islandporgy / February 13, 2006 7:13 PM PST

I Have a hauppauge 350 TV Tuner Card That runs Well on my 7200 rmp hard drives but when I run it on my WD Raptor drive which is 10,000 rpm. I get and error message (Win TV Inialization error. HTV=0). The Hauppauger 350 Tuner card is a great card, but not runnig on the faster hard drives.
Would like to know if you solved your problem with your TV Tuner Card, Or if any body else have a solution to this problem.
Wendell H

Collapse -
I have found my problem with my TV tuner card
by islandporgy / February 18, 2006 12:56 PM PST

I also have WD 74 10,000 rpm Sata hard drive as C: drive. And my Hauppauge WinTV PVR 350 Would not work. I reinstalled Windows on it using The Correct drivers from the mother board company Gigabyte. The drivers for my WD 74 10,000 rmp Sata hard drive, Which is (Silicone image 3112/3512 Sata Driver) At first I used The (Silicone image3112/3512 Raid Driver) And I was told to do that by Gigabyte and when I called up 2/17/2005 I was told to use the Sata driver not The Raid drivers. And on 2/17/2005 I reinstalled windows.

I do not know if this is your problem or not but it is somthing to think about.
Wendell H

Collapse -
asus 7134 tv tuner card
by billynry / August 30, 2009 2:46 AM PDT

Hi ,My tv tuner card worked for two years,without any problems, one day however it did not get any tv programs, I checked all settings etc, even checked tv ariel,drivers etc,etc but on attempting to retune on several occasions ," no services were found" I have previously recorded programs on its hardrive all work great, but still when trying to retune "no services were found " message appears.
I have not found any possitive answers to the above with a solution to this problem, mabye I am on the wrong Forum. people do post answers on this Forum, but they seem negative statments on some occasions I noted.
Any positive solutions/answers etc. as to this problem will be welcomed. Scotland UK
billynry

Collapse -
Avermedia A188 dual digital tuner card works well
by lwtempleton / September 12, 2009 7:29 AM PDT

I just bught an Avermedia A188 tuner card and am very happy with it. It installed without a hitch (software first, then hardware). I use the BTV control software (I have another HTPC with BTV software and 3 ADSTech tuner cards)and it easily recognized the new tuner card and set it up properly. Now I'm happily recording 2 digital channels at a time. Quality and sensitivity are excellent. The single RF input with internal splitter is very convenient. Highly recommended!

Collapse -
TV Card owner
by humorguy / April 5, 2012 6:20 AM PDT

Problems with receiving TV channels is usually to do with firewall settings. Go into the firewall application settings and make sure that the exe for your TV card is set to "accept" or some other.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.