Internet Services Providers

General discussion

cannot download aol's computer checkup

by Jeepers1 / February 14, 2009 12:42 PM PST

I have an HP Pavilion #a520N, running XP. I have tried repeatedly to download computer check-up, but cannot get a complete download before it disconnects from internet. I even downloaded the crawler download manager and it still won't get a full download using it. I have gone to AOL help tech and have done all they suggested, but nothing works. I never have any trouble downloading programs and have had downloads go all night, never with a disconnect. Has anyone had this problem?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: cannot download aol's computer checkup
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: cannot download aol's computer checkup
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
In your post may lie the answer
by caktus / February 17, 2009 6:44 AM PST

AOL, nothing works. Devil

Collapse -
awwww
by braye5 / April 4, 2009 5:36 AM PDT

i cant download it.....,.why?

Collapse -
Free aol computer checkup
by ronmon224 / December 26, 2010 7:36 PM PST

Everytime I try to use CNET to download free aol computer checkup I get sent to a page that says the link is broken. Whenever I use the ccu_suite_4.3.13.1.exe link the application starts to download but eventually stops and shows a flag that reads as follows: "Componant failed Error Code IS 2008.
I tried a registry cleaner but it didn't do any good.I un-installed all aol products& files and it still wouldn't download. What next?

Collapse -
Re: aol computer checkup
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 26, 2010 7:46 PM PST
Collapse -
CCU
by ronmon224 / December 26, 2010 11:12 PM PST

That link sens me to the premium ccu that they want me to pay for each month.
It's the free ccuthat I want.

Collapse -
You didn't tell what link you used.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 27, 2010 2:16 AM PST
In reply to: CCU

So I had to searh one myself. Sorry if it was the wrong one. Maybe tell?

What happens if you save the downloaded file to your hard disk and run it from there?

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.