Computer Help forum

General discussion

Cannot delted Strongvault program

by wopa / March 20, 2013 8:56 AM PDT

Unfortunately when I installed another program Strongvault Onlin Backup also installed. I do not want that program in my computer, I have Win XPsp3 and Foxfire 19. I have tried to uninstall by using "Add/Remove Programs" but when I do I get the following box:
<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">"Strongvault Online Storage." "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
What can I do to uninstall this program that pops up on the screen every time I boot up my computer?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cannot delted Strongvault program
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cannot delted Strongvault program
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 20, 2013 8:58 AM PDT

There are also long discussions about manually removing apps. Since this is XP, I'm sure that by now you are very skilled at this method.

Collapse -
Cannot delete Strongvault program
by wopa / March 20, 2013 9:29 AM PDT

Thank you Bob.
The Revo Uninstaller solved my problem. That will be my uninstall program from now on.

Collapse -
(NT) At least you didn't need to call up Chuck Norris.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 20, 2013 9:32 AM PDT
Collapse -
Strongvault Uninstall Instructions
by SVF_support / March 28, 2013 8:29 AM PDT

My name is Carlton, and I'm a customer service rep for I am sorry that you are having trouble uninstalling our product and any inconvenience that we have caused so far.

StrongVault is an ad-supported free version of our award winning backup software. Recently, a previous version of our software was released to the public that made it difficult to fully un-install. This problem has since been corrected with our recent versions. Here are detailed instructions on how to successfully remove the software. If you follow these instructions and are still unable to fully remove it, feel free to contact me at and I will be happy to help in any way I can.

If you have a newer version of the software, the un-install process is quite easy and can be done by following these four steps:

Click on the Start menu icon at the bottom left hand corner of the screen (or press the Windows key on your keyboard)

Click on "All Programs"

Click on "Strongvault Online Backup"

Click on "Uninstall"

If you have tried the above method and cannot fully remove the software, please follow these instructions. Be sure you are using Internet Explorer when using Microsoft's "Fixit" tool.

For directions on using Microsoft's Fixit, please visit

And finally, if you're still running into issues with "Fixit", then you can download out most recent version and installer here: which will bring your version of StrongVault up to date. Once it's fully installed, you can then uninstall our software completely. This should force our most recent removal scripts to run, which should fix your problems.

Again, please let me know if you need additional assistance and feel free to e-mail me with any other questions or concerns you may have regarding StrongVault Free. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.