Samsung forum

Question

Cannot create Samsung account

by Tabvla / September 19, 2013 4:11 AM PDT

I recently purchased a Samsung Smart TV. Using the Smart Hub interface I attempted to create a Samsung account.

Entered all the requested info - Email, Password, Confirm, Firstname, Lastname and DoB. Clicked on "Create Account". After about 30 seconds a pop-up message appears "Server Busy, Please Try Again Later".

Now the problem is that I purchased the TV about a week ago and have tried to create an account about 3 times a day, every day - so that must be around 20 times that I have tried this and every time I get the same message.

Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know of a solution?

Tech Info : The TV is connected to the Internet using a cable (Ethernet RJ45 Cat5e).

TiA

T.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cannot create Samsung account
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cannot create Samsung account
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re:
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 19, 2013 5:48 AM PDT

Hi Tabvla,

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. You can create a Samsung account on samsung.com from the following link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/account.

Once you have the account created you can just sign in on your TV.

Regards,

HD Tech

Collapse -
Answer
samsung account
by fastrover / September 19, 2013 10:05 AM PDT

I had a similar experience to this couldn't make my mind up if it was my server or there server. i ended up signing up to a samsung account online using my laptop. then on tv go to menu smart features social settings log into your account there tick log in automaticaly if you wish and below in the same place you can then link your other accounts if you have any like facebook youtube etc. hope this helps.

Collapse -
Samsung account sign in banner
by reckless- / December 13, 2013 5:50 PM PST
In reply to: samsung account

Is there any way to stop this appearing every time the tv is switched on? I dont want an account and it is very annoying

Collapse -
Re: Samsung account sign in banner
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 17, 2013 11:09 PM PST

Hi reckless,

Unfortunately there is no option to disable this message from appearing on your TV. You will need to add a Samsung account in order for your app information to be retained on the TV.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
account
by reckless- / April 13, 2014 7:05 PM PDT

Now your form will not accept any zip code? Infuriating!

Collapse -
Re: account
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 14, 2014 12:18 AM PDT
In reply to: account

Hi reckless,

Sorry to hear that. Are you still attempting this on the TV or at samsung.com?

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
by reckless- / April 14, 2014 12:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: account

samsung.com

Collapse -
I'd reveal the zip code.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 14, 2014 12:41 AM PDT
In reply to: account

My old code was V6Y4S7 and some products could not handle that.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,090 discussions
icon
Security 30,722 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
icon
Phones 16,252 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

SEEING COLORS?

What do the color stripes mean on your tires?

Brian Cooley tells you why you might see various color lines on the wheels of your automobile.