Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Cannot Completely Download AVG Free Edition

by TooDawgs / January 19, 2008 3:53 PM PST

I have AVG free edition on my main computer and I'd like to install it on my other PC, but when I try to download it from download.com it starts to download but then stops at about 200 kb and tells me the download is complete, which at 200kb it's not done. I've tried to download it on both PC's with the same results. Any help would be much apprciated.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cannot Completely Download AVG Free Edition
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cannot Completely Download AVG Free Edition
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try here
by Donna Buenaventura / January 19, 2008 5:48 PM PST
Collapse -
re: Try Here
by TooDawgs / January 21, 2008 10:27 PM PST
In reply to: Try here

Thank you Donna, I'll give it a try.

Collapse -
(NT) Good luck!
by Donna Buenaventura / January 22, 2008 12:16 AM PST
In reply to: re: Try Here
Collapse -
by bob b / January 19, 2008 11:06 PM PST

That seems to violate the EULA.

Your choice.

Collapse -
Why is that?
by TooDawgs / January 29, 2008 6:18 AM PST
In reply to: Hmm.

Why would it violate anything downloading from their website?

Collapse -
Re: Why is that?
by Carol~ Forum moderator 2 / January 29, 2008 6:37 AM PST
In reply to: Why is that?

This is why:

License Agreement on Use of an AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition

' The GRISOFT Company through this License Agreement grants to you non-exclusive and non-transferable rights thereunder in respect of using a copy of the computer program for a service life thereof, i.e. for a time period throughout which GRISOFT shall maintain and make available an updated version thereof. You may install (download) and use only one copy of the program designated for protection of exclusively one personal computer, notwithstanding as to how many times you download the program and how many times you accept the License Agreement. You must not use the program in a network or on more than one computer. This particular software version is distributed free of charge, therefore, the applicable license is only granted for home use thereof. In case of this free version, the program is not subject to any guarantees, and the user has no right to any technical support whatsoever. '

Collapse -
Same problem
by trinityabel / January 23, 2008 12:55 AM PST

I am having the same issue. I cannot complete the download from cnet or grisoft. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Collapse -
If you have problems downloading AVG Free Edition,
by Marianna Schmudlach / January 23, 2008 1:43 AM PST
In reply to: Same problem
Collapse -
Doesn't work either.
by TooDawgs / January 29, 2008 6:20 AM PST

Thanks Marianna,
But that site cannot even find the download.

Collapse -
hmm... here is another link.....
by Marianna Schmudlach / January 29, 2008 6:43 AM PST
In reply to: Doesn't work either.
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.