Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

Can you reply

by Glenda. / March 9, 2012 12:14 AM PST

Not since last night! Still can't this morning. Glad to see it isn't just me:) I thought I was in trouble AGAIN!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can you reply
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can you reply
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Glenda it is working now...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / March 9, 2012 2:08 AM PST
In reply to: Can you reply

I assume you are using IE9 or IExx.

We just fixed this.

Do a browser SHIFT + refresh and the submission for replies should open now.

Sorry about that!

Collapse -
Thank you Lee
by Glenda. / March 9, 2012 2:32 AM PST

It works:)

Collapse -
(NT) Good to hear. Thanks for getting back to me.
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / March 9, 2012 5:38 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you Lee
Collapse -
So am I
by Jimmy Greystone / March 15, 2012 6:07 AM PDT

So am I the only Firefox user that seems to be having problems?

Things were working this morning, then I come back a little later, and all forum buttons are unresponsive.

So I tried logging out and now I can't get logged back in. If I try using an automated login extension I get an error page about the XML document not having any style information with it. I try entering in the info manually, and when I hit the submit button the form goes away but I'm not logged in.

I've dumped my cache, deleted cookies, tried disabling AdBlock Plus and NoScript, restarting FF... Nothing's helped. Since others were having issues, I'm going to guess it's related. It seems like changes you guys introduce into the forum code, from time to time, have the ability to poison things with Firefox that I have yet to work out how to fix short of a fresh profile. This isn't the first time, and it's always just Cnet sites that are affected. All other sites keep working just fine.

Collapse -
FF reply
by Marc Bennett CNET staff/forum admin / March 15, 2012 6:46 AM PDT
In reply to: So am I

It's still working for me. You already cleared cache, could you try Shift + refresh?

Collapse -
Jimmy as Marc pointed out try a Browser SHIFT + refresh
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / March 15, 2012 7:16 AM PDT
In reply to: So am I

It was a problem on Chrome and IE earlier, but once we realized it was a problem, we immediately addressed it.

Please give the browser refresh a try and let us know if it still not working for you.

We do apologize for the troubles.

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator on 03/15/2012 at 3:11 PM PT

Collapse -
I tried that
by Jimmy Greystone / March 15, 2012 8:26 AM PDT

I tried that, and still no go. I even closed the browser out, manually deleted the cache files, and then started the browser again with no luck. Since all shift + reload does is force it to get a new copy off the server instead of use the cache, deleting the cache should have done the trick. Testing with a new profile, and now things work again.

Not sure what it is you guys do, but somehow you manage to introduce poison code that kills FF profiles. This is absolutely the second time this has happened, and it ONLY ever affects Cnet sites, and always seems to correspond with you guys rolling out some kind of change.

Collapse -
No problems here
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 15, 2012 8:27 AM PDT
In reply to: I tried that

using FF 11.0

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.