Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

can you pull information from another site to yours?

by just_murray / February 28, 2013 2:45 AM PST

i am developing my own website, and on of the features i would like to include, im having issues with.

To be honest i wouldnt know where to start with something like this.

I want to be able to pull information from another site. Im developing a community gaming site, and i want to allow people to upload profiles from several different games. take battle.net for example. if you play diablo 3 you have a character profile on their website. I want a user to be able to register to my website and input the battle tag for their diablo profile and it pull the character information.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, any help would be appreciated.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: can you pull information from another site to yours?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: can you pull information from another site to yours?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Does battle.net
by Sovereign Forum moderator / February 28, 2013 10:53 AM PST

offer an API to access the user's profile information?

Collapse -
Member Database
by iMhenry / March 25, 2013 2:43 PM PDT

You could try to build up a Membership System inside your web.
Also create a database for the data storage.
MySQL for Linux or MSSQL for Window

Collapse -
Pulling information
by arncus1 / April 26, 2013 3:45 AM PDT

Hello Just_murray,

Check out this directly from the Battlenet forums - it links to the Community platform APIs for Diablo3. I'm pretty sure that part of what you need will be there - and also the community there is specifically for building apps for Diablo 3 - check it out:

Arnel C.

Collapse -
choose one product
by jadesmith002 / May 6, 2013 12:16 PM PDT

choose one product, you can built you web,and use facebook,twitter,or seo.i think you can learn more.

Collapse -
by deepsou / May 6, 2013 8:21 PM PDT
In reply to: choose one product

you can do that. there is a third party library for doing that in php called snoopy.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.