Samsung forum

Question

Can't use Tablet P-5110 as remote for Smart TV ES6100

by henridevries / January 4, 2013 6:52 PM PST

Hello, I've tried to use my Samsung Tablet P5110 as a remote control for my UE32ES6100 Smart TV by means of Samsung Remote App or Samsung Remote View. Tablet and TV are on the same Wireless network but don't manage to 'find' eachother. Any clues? Maybe I need another App for my Tablet because of the type of TV? Regards, Henri

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't use Tablet P-5110 as remote for Smart TV ES6100
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't use Tablet P-5110 as remote for Smart TV ES6100
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Did you try the usual router firewall off setting?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 5, 2013 2:14 AM PST

Many routers block such communication. It's an issue and other apps should fail because of this.
Bob

Collapse -
Where to change firewall settings?
by henridevries / January 6, 2013 12:14 AM PST

Hello Bob,
Thanks for your reply. Maybe a stupid question, but where should I change these settings? In my tablet or TV? I've looked on my computer (Imac), but thought that I would change the firewall settings of my computer and that wouldn't help a bit. I've looked in the e-maual of the TV but can't find it, and also in my tablet I can't find a way to do this. By the way, the router is an Airport Extreme. Regards, Henri

Collapse -
The setting is on the router.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 6, 2013 3:37 AM PST

So those that look on the tablet or TV won't be able to find such.

If you can share a manual to the router I'll see if I can find the setting.
Bob

Collapse -
Manual Airport Extreme
by henridevries / January 6, 2013 5:18 PM PST
Collapse -
Sadly.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 7, 2013 2:15 AM PST
In reply to: Manual Airport Extreme

I can't find any detail about it there. For this one I'd have the tech try another router that we know does not block ports on a local area network.

Consumers tend to think a firewall in a router is a good thing but when it comes to devices working together it tends to hinder the work.

Wish I had that router to try but I don't. Call Samsung and see if they know if this works with that router.

Also, be sure that they tell you this app, tablet and tv are compatible.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks for your time
by henridevries / January 7, 2013 3:43 PM PST
In reply to: Sadly.

Hello Bob,
Thanks for the time you spend on this. I'll see if Samsung can help me.
Regards,
Henri

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.