Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Can't uninstall tuneup utilities 2009 from my computer

by pullinghair / May 18, 2009 4:42 AM PDT

I'm trying to uninstall tuneup utilities 2009 from my computer and when I go to the add/remove and try to remove it I get this message. "The patch pacakage could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows Installer patch package." Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't uninstall tuneup utilities 2009 from my computer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't uninstall tuneup utilities 2009 from my computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Try it in Safe Mode.
by Coryphaeus / May 23, 2009 10:14 PM PDT
Collapse -
BG
by admit-one / September 13, 2009 2:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Try it in Safe Mode.

I have the same problem, and safe mode didn't help. Said that the msi could not run in safe mode.

Collapse -
TUNE UP
by just42knight / September 22, 2009 10:11 PM PDT
In reply to: BG

Try a search for lavasoft and delete those files

Collapse -
I have the same problem
by jamusaf / October 28, 2009 11:05 PM PDT

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this software, I already deleted it from my computer and it is still on my program list...
Help Please

Collapse -
Problem Solve
by jamusaf / November 2, 2009 7:45 AM PST

Hey what you need to do is:
Get Tune Up Utilities 2010 install and then go to tune up uninstaller and you will see the option erase entry or something like that.
Thats all.

To get Tune Up utilities 2010, go to tune up utilities website and download their trial version and enter this product key

You will have it for ever

ENJOY

Message was edited by: admin to remove product key to prevent misuse by others.

Collapse -
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
by danielscissorhands / November 3, 2009 3:47 AM PST
In reply to: Problem Solve

JAMUSAF:

I signed up for Cnet Forums, just so I could thank you for solving this problem for me! I found this forum in a google search. Happy
Thanks!
-Scissors

Collapse -
Your Welcome
by jamusaf / November 3, 2009 3:53 AM PST
In reply to: THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Collapse -
TO JAMUSAF:
by paulabiancaferrer / November 19, 2009 4:29 PM PST

Hi JAMUSAF!

Your solution worked! Thanks so much! I've been asking my friend how i could uninstall tune-up from my pc but to my frustration, he doesn't talk!But you provided the answer and it worked too. Like scissors, i also signed up to cnet just to be able to post this message. Thanks again!

Collapse -
Your Welcome
by jamusaf / November 20, 2009 2:17 AM PST
In reply to: TO JAMUSAF:

I'm here to help
Happy

Collapse -
i dont understand
by Tuneup09 cant remove / December 14, 2009 12:15 PM PST
In reply to: Your Welcome

I read solution above but dont get it I have Vista and dloaded Tuneup 2010 I get the error message while trying to uninstall, I have tried everything and evidently your solution works but could you please explain in more detail......Would be GREATLY appreciated, the error message is driving me CRAZY........THANK YOU!

Collapse -
I WENT TO TUNEUP UNINSTALL UTILITY
by Tuneup09 cant remove / December 14, 2009 12:19 PM PST
In reply to: Your Welcome

AND I got the same error message, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Collapse -
HERE WE GO AGAIN
by jamusaf / December 14, 2009 12:55 PM PST

ONCE YOU GET TUNE UP INSTALLED IN YOUR PC YOU JUST HAVE TO USE TUNE UP UNINSTALLER TO UNINSTALL THE OLDER VERSION ( THE ONE THAT IS GIVING YOU A HARD TIME ) AND IT IS GOING TO GIVE YOU THE OPTION OF REMOVE REGISTRY, REMOVE IT AND THAT'S IT !
Happy
1: INSTALL TUNE UP UTILITIES 2010 WITH THE SERIAL NUMBER I GAVE YOU
2: GO TO TUNE UP UTILITIES ALL FUNCTION ON THE START MENU ( TUNE UP )
3: AT THE END YOU WILL FIND THE FUNCTION ( TUNE UP UNINSTALLER )
4: IT WILL GIVE YOU THE SAME ERROR AND THERE WILL BE AN OPTION CALLED REMOVE FROM REGISTRY ( OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT )
5: REMOVE IT AND THATS ALL
6: HOPE YOU GUYS GET IT THIS TIME !
THANKS
Happy

Collapse -
Nope
by Tuneup09 cant remove / December 14, 2009 1:39 PM PST
In reply to: HERE WE GO AGAIN

It did same error like you said but no registry option, it was exactly the same, no option anywhere on it, I really thought it was gonna work too! This is the most annoying thing I have ever encountered on a PC! Thanks for your help by the way!

Collapse -
FIGURED IT OUT
by Tuneup09 cant remove / December 14, 2009 3:02 PM PST
In reply to: HERE WE GO AGAIN

Tuneup Utilities Uninstaller didn't work but I dloaded a program called revo uninstaller and it gave me the error message but allowed me to delete all the registry items, thanks for your fast help earlier though!

Collapse -
OK
by jamusaf / December 14, 2009 10:23 PM PST
In reply to: FIGURED IT OUT

I'M SORRY IT DIDN'T WORK FOR YOU GUYS !
NO PROBLEM !
BYE
Wink

Collapse -
tune up 2010
by hilaryseddon / April 23, 2010 8:37 PM PDT

I used the code and it keeps saying its an ilegal copy

Collapse -
my experience
by eZquaR3 / January 2, 2011 10:55 PM PST
In reply to: tune up 2010

well am sharin my experience.. dun knw if it will help.

recently i got myself into an irritating situation...i installed tuneup 2011...but then ( i don't remember why Grin ) i deleted it ...and that too directly... i mean i deleted its folder directly instead of using its uninstall utility..( my bad) so as a result i was unable to reinstall it....as whenever i clicked on its setup it said something like 'cant install as the software is already present' or similar ...i had even removed its name from add/remove program list.. cleaned registry for leftovers. but..:( Sad .... anyway.... i tried every thing written on every forum i came across but to no avail.... phew.... Sad .....i even used revo uninstaller(its impressive) but without success.... Sad anyway.. i did some 'jugad'(an Indian term Silly ) and was successful....i am mentioning the (hopefully) helpful steps below:

=> i right clicked on the tuneup's setup and through 7-zip's context-menu-option extracted it in c:\program files(x86)\TuneUp Utilities 2011\ .

(...please note winrar was unsuccessful in extracting.....so i used 7zip.....i took the above step hoping to use tuneup's inbuilt uninstall utility correctly...but was unsuccessful (...as dreaded :(... )as an error message saying ' rtl120.bpl was not found, please reinstall tuneup utility ' or similar. then as expected i googled about rtl120.bpl error (and found this forum too Silly ) ..... i downloaded the aforementioned file from a website....)

=> i copied the downloaded .bpl file in tuneup's root directory [ c:\program files(x86)\TuneUp Utilities 2011\ ]

(...i was hoping that it'd solve my prob...but no ... Sad .. some new error message greeted me this time :x... but success was near.. :p)

=> i used revo-installer and (this time atlast) successfully wiped all traces of the previous install.

(...wuhoo...:) after that i was able to reinstall..!! job done ..... please note i seriously don't know whether all these steps were neccessary for success... i just mentioned all the steps which did the job for me....below i am mentioning the steps for using revo uninstaller for the aforementioned process..)

=> open revo installer and click on the "forced-uninstall" button...a window will open...click on 'advanced' under scanning-mode.

=> click on browse then open tuneup's root directory [ c:\program files(x86)\TuneUp Utilities 2011\ ] and click on tuneup's exe named 'integrator'. click open.

=> click next.

(....then if i remember correctly, it does some scanning stuff and presents you with a window showing the leftover registries/keys....)

=> click on 'select all' and then on 'delete'.then confirm your delete command.

i think this was the last step :/ ...anyway this about does it. all these steps worked for me... hopefully someone will find this comment helpful.

bubye

sayonara

fir milenge, chalte chalte :p!

-Shwetank Happy

Collapse -
Remove TuneUp Ultilities
by hdyvtdt / March 1, 2011 12:21 AM PST
In reply to: my experience

Hi all,

I had met the problem like eZquaR3, and i spent half day to uninstall it and finally i found one way to do that.
I used software name " Your uninstaller pro 2011" to uninstall Tune Up. On Your uninstaller, click on "Advance Uninstall" then you find and uninstall all the features name by "Tune Up Ultilities...". That's all

Hope it helps!
Bye

Ps: i'm not good at English, so you might hard to understand what i wrote.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.