Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps

General discussion

Can't Print Web Page

by raysavage / February 23, 2004 10:53 AM PST

I am running win-XP HE OS. My browser is IE Ver 6.0. When I try to print a web page, nothing happens. I am using an Epson Color Stylus 880 printer connected through a USB Port. I know the printer works because I can print saved documents, pictures, etc. What is my problem?

Thanks,
Ray Savage

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't Print Web Page
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't Print Web Page
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Can't Print Web Page + What other issues?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 23, 2004 11:25 AM PST
In reply to: Can't Print Web Page

Ray,

Unfortunately there is no search in this boards. And I know you've posted no small number of posts in the past month.

What I'm wondering is HOW CORRUPT HAS THIS INSTALL BECOME?

Maybe you could supply a little history of the issues?

Something bad is going on for you to post so much.

Bob

Collapse -
Re:Re:Can't Print Web Page + What other issues?
by raysavage / February 23, 2004 11:50 AM PST

Bob:

You must have me mixed up with someone else - this is the first post I have made this month. I'm also confused by "HOW CORRUPT HAS THIS INSTALL BECOME"? As for other issues, I don't know of any. I can save a web page (or e-mail) and print it; just can't print directly from IE file menu.

Best regards,
Ray

Collapse -
"What other issues?"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 23, 2004 8:30 PM PST
Collapse -
Re:
by raysavage / February 23, 2004 10:20 PM PST
In reply to: "What other issues?"

Bob:

Thanks for your reply. I have made posts regarding other totally unrelated issues, but nothing this year. Any request for help which I have made in the past were made after I had exhausted my limited knowledge regarding a solution. If you feel that I have been "a pest", I sincerely apologize. Anyway, thanks again for your help in the past and for your suggestion regarding my recent problem.

Sincerely,
Ray Savage

Collapse -
Not a pest. Just some neuron firing...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 23, 2004 10:52 PM PST
In reply to: Re:

Often what one notes as unrelated or unimportant can be a crucial clue to what the underlying cause of a problem is.

There are very few that are "pests" in the technical forums. In fact, my pest list is empty at the moment...

I hope you understand why I ask and dig for clues.

Bob

Collapse -
Re:Not a pest. Just some neuron firing...
by raysavage / February 24, 2004 10:24 AM PST

Bob:

Thanks for your explanation. You have been so very helpful to me in the past - just didn't want to "fall out of your good graces". By the way, the information you provided was very helpful - I can now print from my browser.

Best regards,
Ray

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.