Mac OS forum

General discussion

Can't print in Landscape view

by Lorel509 / August 9, 2009 3:59 AM PDT

I can't print docs in landscape view when on the Internet from any of the options in the print dialogue box--they all come out in profile view. Same in the latest Safari and Firefox versions. This is very annoying where there are 3 columns on a page and print comes out so small I have to use a magnifying glass to read it.

Is there a way to print in landscape view?

Mac Mini 10.4.11

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't print in Landscape view
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't print in Landscape view
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It "could" be a function of your printer, but
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / August 9, 2009 4:07 AM PDT

when I try to print in Landscape I do not have a problem.

Try this.
In Safari, File > Print.
When the print dialog appears, click the downward facing triangle that is on the right of the printers name. This will give you access you more printing options.
Landscape is one of those.

Let us know how you get on

Collapse -
(NT) yay thank you! my problem solved!
by eligrrrl / March 7, 2012 9:26 PM PST
Collapse -
Firefox print landscape view
by Mira Belle / August 14, 2009 11:24 AM PDT

How you view a page normally has nothing to do with your printer settings. In Firefox, go to File, Page Setup, and select Portrait or Landscape and that will be in effect until you change it. I keep it in Landscape for Firefox.

Collapse -
Agreed, which is why
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / August 14, 2009 11:47 PM PDT

I did not suggest that it did.

I merely pointed out to the OP that to print in Landscape mode, they would have to make changes to the printer attributes.

Safari does not have a Page Setup function so my advice is valid.

It would also work in Firefox too.

Making changes to the Page Setup in Firefox is actually changing an attribute on the printer

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.