Mac OS forum

General discussion

Can't contact Cnet

by fotogra / May 11, 2010 3:30 AM PDT

I have tried numerous times (20) to send an important question to contact CNET for a Mac Problem but everytime I put in the verification letters in the box they are always rejected as an error. Why.
Please fix. Thanks
Question will be sent via this forum under the heading of Network Authentication Wierdness

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't contact Cnet
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't contact Cnet
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hi there fotogra, can you tell me...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / May 12, 2010 2:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Can't contact Cnet

specifically where you tried to contact CNET? If you can provide the URL/link to that page I would be able to investigate it.

Thank you!

Collapse -
NO luck again
by fotogra / May 12, 2010 3:18 AM PDT

Lee the URL is:
it is the main page of macfixit- when I click on the contact link on the right side it brings up the dialogue box for the question, email address etc. when I tried to contact you regarding my recent post. I typed in the secret letters into the box. And it always fails. I've tried this on Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera.
No matter how I type the letters, whether it be the exact ones as I see or with maybe with a cap or a space, they all fail. Not only that but I have to go to the main page to contact you again to bring up another box for the information. Working on the one that fails does nothing.
Oh, see my post under the Mac OSX forum- Network Authentication Weirdness. That was the original query.

Collapse -
Hi Paul, thank you, I found it...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / May 12, 2010 3:27 AM PDT
In reply to: NO luck again

I just tried this a few minutes ago a few times using FF3 and IE7 and all of them went through successfully. Once I submitted the form filled out I get this confirmation note: "Thank you. Your message was successfully sent."

What is the error message that you are receiving after you submit the form?

Collapse -
Message successful for Lee Koo
by fotogra / May 12, 2010 3:48 AM PDT

Well I just sent you a message from the contact page and it actually worked. But it was only a 4 letter code to type. Some of the letters are in bold and some are not. There is no way to make bold letters when filling out the text box. I assume it was done for security reasons. It is very curious that it worked now.
I will try again later with a different set of letters and let you know if it worked.

Collapse -
type the letters in as they appear, do not worry about....
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / May 12, 2010 4:00 AM PDT

the styling on the letters and disregard the spaces. It is done for security reasons to throw off the bots that maybe using the forms.

You said "Well I just sent you a message from the contact page", unfortunately I won't get it, because that form doesn't belong to me. Honestly I really don't even know who those go to. There are forms everywhere throughout our sites, so it would be difficult to track down what goes to who. Sorry.

Collapse -
Can't contact them either
by mawmawtyger / June 22, 2011 8:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Can't contact Cnet

When I click the "go to my CNet tracker page" all I get is this page cannot be found, all I get is "page cannot be found"
or something to that effect. I can't upgrade my software because of this problem. I have tried every browser I can think of but no luck. Did you ever get any help?

Collapse -
contacting Cnet
by batsdude-2259657602581342 / June 3, 2012 11:41 AM PDT

I've tried to get hold of them for 20 mins with zilch luck either. IF someone there reads this be advised!!! A download from Cnet called "wirelesskeyfinder" (not 64bit vers) ATTEMPTED TO INSTALL A TROJAN!!! e virus name according to AVG (boy has AVG gotten good!) "Generic28.XIO". Cnet really needs to have a straight up locale to contact them, without having to slog thru blogs and other bs to save some peoples devices!!!!

Collapse -
Please don't bury such posts in 2+ year old posts.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 3, 2012 11:43 AM PDT
In reply to: contacting Cnet

I alerted it but if you want attention don't bury the post. I just happened to see it fly by on the real time list.

Collapse -
Do you have link to this title on
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / June 5, 2012 2:31 AM PDT
In reply to: contacting Cnet
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.