iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

Resolved Question

Can't change App Store from US to UK on iPad

by JimM99 / September 13, 2011 3:48 AM PDT

I setup my iPad1 when I was in the USA and down loaded apps from the US store with my US iTunes account. I have now moved to the UK and have opened up a UK iTunes account. The App Store icon on my iPad shows that I have updates for the apps I purchased in the USA. When I try to download them I am asked to access my US iTunes account. When I enter my password I get the message Cannot connect to the iTunes store. Two questions - 1 How can I download the updates? 2 How do I access the UK app store? Selecting the app store icon always takes me to the US account.

JimM99 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't change App Store from US to UK on iPad
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't change App Store from US to UK on iPad
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by JimM99

Collapse -
There are two ways to easily change to different accounts
by Justus_Paiewonsky / September 15, 2011 3:33 AM PDT

Your two choices:

Collapse -
Thanks
by JimM99 / September 15, 2011 4:28 AM PDT

That seems to have solved my problem. Thank you

Collapse -
thanks
by Ciaran75 / November 12, 2012 7:29 PM PST

had the same problem on my since updating to ios6, thank you so very much, can finally update apps without connecting to my computer.

Collapse -
U.S. app store please assign U.K. app store or same
by Niquenak / February 18, 2013 4:18 AM PST

I also had the very same problem on an iPhone 4 32GB , Don't know how it, or I managed to link the device with the U.S. app store in the first place, but it stubbornly kept advising me that I could not get my chosen apps from the U.S. based store , please change to U.K. app store.
Did not fully understand your option 1 , but thank goodness you provided option 2 which successfully solved my problem.
I can now connect with app store U.K. and get the apps I required. Thank you so much I will probably never know why I got in the mess in the first place, but no worries as you have shown me a way out.
Thankyou thankyou and thankyou again
P.S. if you had only posted the first option, how would I have accessed the solution using my iPhone 4?
I.E. where would I have had to go to find Preferences, to start the thread/link would I have begun in settings or where ?

Collapse -
Press the Home button
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / February 18, 2013 5:18 AM PST

and then find the Settings icon. It will be on one of the pages, usually the first one.

Go from there

P

Collapse -
can't switch from US to UK store
by kprj / February 22, 2013 10:32 PM PST

Regrettably the solutions proposed don't work for me. I am UK based where my iPad-2 IOS 6.1.2 was purchased and filled with APPS. I recently spent 2 weeks in the US where I downloaded one free APP. Now every time I try to update my APPS (there are 13 waiting) I am told "Account not in this store. Your account is not valid for use in the US store. You must switch to the UK store before purchasing". I check my country - it is the UK. I have signed out and in again, reselected the UK and gone through everything, this time I get an error "your session has timed out". I have tried signing out and in again on my PC in iTunes and ensured that the UK is selected. I have rebooted the iPad several times but exactly the same problem remains. Apple bugs always seem to be real stoppers don't they? Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

Collapse -
Just one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 23, 2013 8:33 AM PST
Collapse -
Answer
Isn't there a country setting in the System Preferencea
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / September 13, 2011 11:25 AM PDT

on the front page?

Collapse -
Answer
I think you should.....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / September 13, 2011 2:06 PM PDT

..........contact Apple directly for a solution.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.