LG

Question

can't access LG smart recovery boot

by Oferas / February 10, 2013 3:03 PM PST

Hi, I own LG T380 laptop with windows 7. After installing Windows 8 (with format) I tried to downgrade back to Windows 7, but couldn't. I can't access smart recovery (f11) and access the backup partition. What can i do?
Thanks

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: can't access LG smart recovery boot
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: can't access LG smart recovery boot
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
I have the same issue with my LG c400 :(
by aalio0 / April 19, 2013 3:06 PM PDT

Dear Kees,

I just read all previous conversation on this topic and download the recovery software from your site as well. But i need to ask that there is a hidden partition with the name of 'Lg Smart Recovery' having the weight of 10gb almost is there when i go for new windows. I have recovery files in my hard and on dvds. So, what steps do i apply to get my lost OS and files.

regards,
aalio0

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: back to windows 7
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 10, 2013 3:58 PM PST

Yep, the install of Windows 8 overwrites the boot sector, so it doesn't know any more about the smart recovery of a previous OS. You'll have to reinstall from the recovery disks (DVD's) you made or order them with LG. And you must erase the drive (DBAN, free) before that reinstall.

Kees

Collapse -
back to windows 7
by Oferas / February 10, 2013 9:42 PM PST
In reply to: Re: back to windows 7

Thanks for the answer Kees,
I made backup with windows 7 image backup tool but when i restored it I still couldn't access smart recovery.
Regarding the DVD, I don't have it so i'll contact LG. Isn't there a way to restore the drive from the hidden partition?
Ofer

Collapse -
Re: restore from hidden partition.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 11, 2013 1:43 AM PST
In reply to: back to windows 7
Collapse -
Made a progress
by Oferas / February 14, 2013 5:02 AM PST

Hi Kees,
I managed to make some progress. I used "ACTIVE LIVE CD", it's a WINPE based tools.
With the "File Recovery" I copied the files from the second hidden partitions. There are 3 important files :
Backup.wsi , backup.v000 and backup.001. I managed to get my hands on " LG Smart recovery center" boot CD. There is a built in smart recovery on that CD. I opened it and restored the factory image.
But f11 is still missing, do you have any idea which files (boot) i can use from the first hidden partition?
Ofer

Collapse -
SOLVED: LG SMART RECOVERY Software
by www-URTech-ca / February 20, 2013 9:08 AM PST
In reply to: Made a progress
Collapse -
The content is not from LG and could be malware.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 20, 2013 9:14 AM PST

Can you supply this content from a LG site?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.