Spyware, Viruses, & Security

General discussion

Can somone check ggole.com for virus/malware/or trojan.?

by inzonedj89 / August 11, 2009 1:08 PM PDT

I accidental miss type google.com
And I got to this site. I took a few sec look since firefox load the site really fast it seem to be a gamesite for buying console.

I got alot of pop up, also messages pop up, and it redirecting me to other site when I hit back to get back to google.

If someone would please check if that site have a virus or not since my anitvirus avast home edition seem to be crap(doesn't seem to work(it a great software but I did get a trojan and my anti malewaybytes pick it up except avast) and my malewaybytes hasnt detect anything.

I just want to make sure because some site when you go to it install hidden program because you have just visit or type there by mistaken.

I have window xp sp3 and I was using firefox 3.5.2 at the time.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can somone check ggole.com for virus/malware/or trojan.?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can somone check ggole.com for virus/malware/or trojan.?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
So havent detect anything yet
by inzonedj89 / August 11, 2009 1:14 PM PDT

I mean my antimalewarbytes detect a Trojan back when I was downloading something, and avast didnt caught anything, and it happen last year ago.

Anti malewarebytes havent dectect anything yet but someone told me that they checked and got a load of virus so I just want make sure if he is right.

I didnt tell the person what kind browser I was using though...

Collapse -
Found no malware
by Donna Buenaventura / August 11, 2009 8:33 PM PDT

but the site is of course, unwanted because it is taking advantage of misspelled words. The IP address is blocked on my firewall because it is also the IP address in use by a rogue software.

I suggest to just clean-up your PC using CCleaner. If you suspect that there is virus or any type of malware, run online scanner e.g. Housecall, ESET, Kaspersky online scanners.

Collapse -
Will ccleaner help get rid of the rouge software or virus?
by inzonedj89 / August 11, 2009 10:04 PM PDT
In reply to: Found no malware

Oh ok thanks I run CCleaner(do I need to do the registry?), but my anti virus avast so haven't find anything yet, so I dont know if rouge software is already downloaded or not, any way I close the browser in like a few sec so I dont know if my pc have a rogue software installed.

You know if the software a keylogger or anything, hehe.

Thanks.

Collapse -
mcfree site advisor
by inzonedj89 / August 11, 2009 10:20 PM PDT

It have a green check on there siteadvisor page, so I assuming that nothing is wrong, there software cant dectect anything, developer are to lazy to go, or they getting mislead information from the site director/people.

Sad

Can I scan kaspsery on firefox 3.5.2? or will it have to be on the internet explore?

Collapse -
I went to ccleaner.com and siteadvisor
by inzonedj89 / August 12, 2009 12:18 AM PDT
In reply to: mcfree site advisor

Say it contain adware,spam, and maleware(4) but have a green check???

I going to stop trusting Mcfree siteadvsior now hehe, seem like I am getting a misguided information about other site.

I downloaded the program here(cnet.com along time ago) I think, but I went to the site to see what saved site information is about from my start menu and click the folder for ccleaner, basicly it didn't erase the pw from my google gmail account, or any other site except cnet.

Collapse -
No, you don't need to...
by Donna Buenaventura / August 12, 2009 2:22 PM PDT

run the "registry cleaner" in CCleaner. It's not required. You should only use this option if you are familiar with it. It can create a registry backup prior fixing the registry of Windows but it is really not required unless the offending item is in a registry which I highly doubt.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/www.ccleaner.com
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/ccleaner.com

The above shows "green". What you are seeing are the "Comments/Reviews" but SiteAdvisor members. SiteAdvisor itself do not mark ccleaner.com as bad.

Collapse -
ok thanks, dang I shouldnt done the registation scan lol
by inzonedj89 / August 13, 2009 4:52 AM PDT

I ran the registration scan thing and it let me create a backup file for those, so I just delete everything in my registration scan and I have the backup registration in my folder only like 3 (paper icon) item.

Should I go ahead delete them or should I keep them, it in a separate folder I created???

Mostly of the registration scan contain some game I haven't played but the others is like 6 are window stuff.

Collapse -
You can delete it....

if after PC restart and some time of using it (couple of days), the computer is running fine.

It's not large backup (reg backup) so it should be OK to keep it.

Collapse -
OK thanks
by inzonedj89 / August 14, 2009 11:36 AM PDT
In reply to: You can delete it....

It work fine, no strange things, no pop up, no voice, and I did a anti malewayte bite and avast in safe mode with no finding of virus,adware,rogue,backdoor hacker,trojan and maleware.

I been getting explorer.exe (it sometime pop up during shut down or not), when I try to shut down my pc but it been happened before going to that site. It started happened in 2-3 weeks ago.

Is there anyway to clean up the explorer.exe when shutting down, or not. Should I be worry? it happen sometime or not.

IF so I can expect this possibility that explorer is corrupted somehow, unless I gotten a virus where my antivirus cant detect.

I just tired of waiting for it to pop up and hit cancel in order my pc to shutdown.

I never used explored since I downloaded Mozilla firefox(when I had reformatted my pc).

Collapse -
I havent delete the file
by inzonedj89 / August 14, 2009 11:57 AM PDT
In reply to: OK thanks

Just want to make sure, since I have that backup registation entries I just wanted to know this:

I think I got nothing important but I might keep them, and if I do have rouge/virus/maleware in the backup registration entries, could it so be actived after delete it from my ccleaner or it is deactived since it is in the backup registration entries and deleted from my ccleaner.

I kinda new to this for ccleaner(never used them except to clear out cookies), all I know how to do is to run antivirus/maleware software, and hope it detect those unwanted pest.

Thanks for the help.

Collapse -
You can delete it if the system
by Donna Buenaventura / August 24, 2009 3:15 PM PDT

is running fine. Please note also that old backup of reg file is "void" or "useless" if you made changes in Windows (e.g. install new programs, system updates etc that is not related to your private documents or changes that do not touch the registry in Windows).

I suggest to not to use registry cleaning the next time you will run CCleaner. It's not important or required to run it. Just use CCleaner to clean-up temporary files and cookies that you do no want to keep.

Collapse -
Explorer.exe
by Donna Buenaventura / August 24, 2009 3:12 PM PDT
In reply to: OK thanks

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Was offline for one week to attend personal stuff.

If the dialog box for explorer.exe continue to appear during shutdown, try to scan the system using System File Checker.

To run system file checker:
Click Start>Run then type cmd.exe
Hit OK. The command prompt window is displayed.
Type sfc /scannow in the command prompt window then hit enter in your keyboard.
It will try to scan the system and fix any corrupted files (if any) and will replace it with good copy.
You might need your XP CD handy. When the utility ask for the XP installation disk, just insert it.

Note that explorer.exe is not the same as iexplore.exe
Explorer.exe is the Windows Explorer while iexplore.exe is Internet Explorer (the browser).

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.