Samsung forum

Question

Can Samsung Smart TV 550Series work with wireless headphones

by mmcconnell5 / January 17, 2013 12:09 PM PST

Have a Panasonic sound bar on the Smart TV - Can wireless headphones be connected to the TV in any way - or through the soundbar?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can Samsung Smart TV 550Series work with wireless headphones
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can Samsung Smart TV 550Series work with wireless headphones
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Usually takes a little work.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2013 1:44 PM PST

We find the headphone jack then plug the wireless transmitter into that.
Bob

Collapse -
No headphone Jack
by mmcconnell5 / January 17, 2013 9:34 PM PST

When I use the wireless speakers on a different TV with a headphone jack they work fine. Are paired etc
But there is no place to plug them into the back of the Samsung Smart other than where the component (DVD etc) output is. I have tried plugging into that output plug with no success.

Collapse -
I meant work.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2013 11:49 PM PST
In reply to: No headphone Jack

Such as using an optical to analog convertor. There are a few rare models what we would have to add a jack but folk who buy those did so on price alone.
Bob

Collapse -
Don't fully understand your reply
by mmcconnell5 / January 18, 2013 12:34 AM PST
In reply to: I meant work.

Our model is PN60E550DIFXZA - Samsung Smart
There is no headphone jack

How do I hook up wireless headphones?
What are my options?

I don't know what an optical to analog converter is - would it plug into the back of the TV where the DVD player would plug in?

Collapse -
It meant as you have work to do.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 18, 2013 12:38 AM PST

You do your research on optical to analog convertors to get the needed analog signal for your headphone transmitter. I find some folk are just consumers and will not do this work and have no inclination to work on a solution to the problem. They'll slam the maker for no headphone jack and not look into solutions.
Bob

Collapse -
PS. Here's too many optical adapters.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 18, 2013 12:49 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Thanks
by mmcconnell5 / January 18, 2013 1:13 AM PST
Collapse -
In answer to your question below. Many answers.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 18, 2013 1:20 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks
Collapse -
Super
by mmcconnell5 / January 18, 2013 1:48 AM PST

Thanks again - I will follow this link

Collapse -
Answer
No headphone jack on the Samsung Smart
by mmcconnell5 / January 17, 2013 9:32 PM PST

Have the soundbar plugged into digital audio

The remaining audio output connections are for connection to components like DVD, Blu ray etc.
When I plug the jack from the wireless receiver into these connections we get nothing.
The headphones are paired with their receiver just fine... and when I test on a different television with a proper headphone jack they work great.
I just cant' figure out how to connect them to the Samsung Smart 550 series we have. Model PN60E550DIFXZA

Collapse -
Re: No headphone jack on the Samsung Smart
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 18, 2013 12:37 AM PST

Hi mmcconnell5,

I did some looking around. Unfortunately, there's no way to connect up headphones to this model. Sorry for the inconvenience.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Really? Wow
by mmcconnell5 / January 18, 2013 1:12 AM PST

With all the other bells and whistles - we didn't think to ask about headphone jacks (assumed they were standard as they are with most TV's).
Others have suggested an optical to analog converter. I am not well versed in technical gear - but is this something that might work as an intermediary mechanism to work with the headphones? Or not.
Thank you for your help,

Collapse -
Re: Really...ish
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 18, 2013 2:01 AM PST
In reply to: Really? Wow

Hi mmcconnell5,

The converter might work, but that's the only audio output port. So when I say there's no way, there's no way of doing so directly. You can probably get some kind of setup to work, but I can't really advise on what to buy. Sorry.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung smart tv is not smart at all
by sorrysansung / December 28, 2013 7:16 AM PST

I just talked to the live chat people and they told me that wireless headsets will not work with TVs that do not have audio outputs. Can I say I made a mistake in buying this one

Collapse -
Link shows Optical ouput.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 28, 2013 7:34 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.