HP forum

Can parts for probook 4510 be used in 4520 models?

by Michael316497 / March 24, 2013 8:37 PM PDT

Hey everyone,

I am looking at buying a 4510 to replace my keyboard, screws and charger on my 4520.

Will the parts be compatible? I've tried googling it to no avail.

Thanks =)

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can parts for probook 4510 be used in 4520 models?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can parts for probook 4510 be used in 4520 models?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Here's how I figure this out.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 25, 2013 2:43 AM PDT

If I can get the service manual for each unit I can compare the FRU part numbers.

But given the price of those parts, why buy a complete 4510? Is it really less than the parts you need?
And what's to say those parts are good in the old thing?

Collapse -
Service manuals
by Michael316497 / March 25, 2013 9:16 AM PDT

Hey there, thanks for the reply.

The laptop is selling cheap because it doesn't have a working mouse pad and the power button isn't working so it's definitely worth it. Buying the new parts add up to be more than what they're asking and I'd have an extra battery handy with it.

As for service manuals I think maybe I've found the right page here for the 4520:

And the 4510:

Did I get that right?

Thanks heaps for any advice you can give me =)

Collapse -
Just what you would do next.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 25, 2013 9:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Service manuals

Dive in and find the part number for the parts you want. In service tech terms that's the FRU (google FRU if you need to.)

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.