iPhones, iPods, & iPads

Question

Can Outlook Categories sync to iphone 4s?

by woofydog / October 27, 2011 3:43 AM PDT

I am desperately trying to find a solution that will allow all of my Categories attached to my Outlook Contacts to sync over to my iPhone 4s. Contacts sync over, but no categories. I have 1500 contacts and 100+ categories. Using Outlook 2007 from my pc with Vista OS. sync through my corporate Exchange server to my iphone and vice versa. Thank you. MH

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can Outlook Categories sync to iphone 4s?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can Outlook Categories sync to iphone 4s?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Have you.....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / October 27, 2011 5:11 AM PDT

......tried to ask Apple the same question ????

Collapse -
Clarification Request
iphone 4s to Outlook
by NoahT / November 21, 2011 5:47 AM PST

You said your iphone 4s syncs your Outlook contacts via your corporate exchange... Mine syncs my emails and calendar, but not my contacts... Can you offer any advice to this? I'm so frustrated and can't seem to do anything to get two-way connection. All my contacts are on my phone, and I can't get them to go over to my Outlook account (started a new job and therefore have new Outlook email and account).

Collapse -
I can't find what you did.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 21, 2011 6:04 AM PST
In reply to: iphone 4s to Outlook
Collapse -
Syncing Contacts with Exchange Server
by woofydog / November 22, 2011 11:32 PM PST
In reply to: iphone 4s to Outlook

Be sure to check your iPhone settings. go to "Settings", Then "Mail-Contacts-Calendars", then select your exchange account, and be sure you have all of the buttons turned "ON" that you want to sync. There are other settings within this screen that you can control also. Hope that solves it.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
10-20-2011 iPhone manual.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 27, 2011 11:43 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Yes, indirectly
by muckleloon / October 29, 2011 10:40 AM PDT

I had the same problem for so long. I accidentally solved it last week when I signed up with Plaxo to manage my contact list. I sync my outlook contacts with Plaxo and then do same with my iPhone (and iPad). Lo and behold, I can now sort my contacts by category.

Collapse -
Plaxo has another issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 29, 2011 1:38 PM PDT
In reply to: Yes, indirectly

"Your Information May be Shared Among Comcast Companies"

Collapse -
Answer
yes, it can be done but it's not graceful
by richsaenz / November 7, 2012 2:58 AM PST

I use dejaoffice on the iphone and companionlink on the computer (where outlook resides) to sync contacts with categories. the sync is clunky (it's not done in the background, click sync on phone and launch sync on PC, sync takes a long time) but the end result gives me exactly what I want. If you know of something better, I'm all ears.

Rich

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.