Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

Question

can not send email

by ted-june / January 28, 2013 11:43 PM PST

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was 'june@bjsbabes.com'

Server Error: 503
Server Response: 503 you must authenticate first (#5.5.1)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: can not send email
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: can not send email
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Try sending it from your other accounts.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 28, 2013 11:53 PM PST
In reply to: can not send email

Such as gmail and see if it fails there as well.

Collapse -
by ted-june / January 29, 2013 1:08 AM PST

OK Gmail works but I would like to use my busness email address to send email. I can receive mail with june@bjsbabes.com

Collapse -
Now it gets harder.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 29, 2013 1:14 AM PST
In reply to: reply

Now you contact your mail provider and work with them to see if any server has blocked this. It's called black listing and only those that encounter this the first time will think it can be solved in a forum.

So now we know that it works from gmail so now back to your email provider.
Bob

Collapse -
BTW. I skipped the usual
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 29, 2013 1:18 AM PST
In reply to: Now it gets harder.

That is, follow your email provider's instructions to use WLM with their email server.
Bob

Collapse -
Sounds like WLM needs uninstall/reinstall
by wpgwpg / January 29, 2013 1:14 AM PST
In reply to: reply

MS in it's wisdom, updates WLM "on the fly" without notifying or asking you. Sometimes these updates cause problems, so you have to uninstall and reinstall. When you do, be sure to export your email and contacts first so you don't lose them. I had to do this back in April; fortunately I haven't had to since.

Good luck.

Collapse -
Off and runnng
by ted-june / January 29, 2013 1:40 AM PST

Thanks now I need to go try these something will work
Thanks for all your help

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.