Samsung

Question

Can not get the "On TV' to work in HUB

by netranger6 / September 17, 2013 11:12 AM PDT

I have a UN55F8000BFXZA, and everything is cool except for one thing. Orignally, i had cable directly to the tv, but realized I was not getting full experience. Went to Suddenlink and got the HD box, so I could HDMI the signal. All is good, watching high def. But, when I go to set up the ON TV smart feature, it doesn't recognize my zip code nor give me a drop down menu to choose my provider, as it did during the TV set up. So, I only have 4 apps in my hub, because ON TV can not be used. What gives? I called tech support and have a reference number where a "Senior" tech was supposed to call me back. Number is 2121280650.

Thanks in advance.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can not get the "On TV' to work in HUB
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can not get the "On TV' to work in HUB
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Can not get the "On TV' to work in HUB
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 18, 2013 12:56 AM PDT

Hi netranger6,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened. I do see we have firmware that was released on Sep 2,2013. Have you tried a firmware update? I am including a link to the support page where the firmware is located. Let me know if this resolves your issue.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN55F8000BFXZA#

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
NO
by netranger6 / September 18, 2013 8:54 AM PDT

I have updated via online twice thus far, one just the other day. Swear it said downloading 1113 but when I look it doesn't say that is the current software version. When I try to update via online, it says I have current software. This the same as firmware?

Collapse -
Hum I don't think so
by netranger6 / September 18, 2013 8:55 AM PDT

I have updated via wifi twice thus far, once the other day. Now when I try to do again, says I have current software. This same as firmware??

Collapse -
Re: Hum I don't think so
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 18, 2013 11:24 PM PDT
In reply to: Hum I don't think so
Collapse -
Once again
by netranger6 / September 19, 2013 8:47 AM PDT

My current version is 1112.1, according to the information when I choose "contact Samsung". But the provider is not being recognized by zip nor is it allowing me to use a drop down, as was the case when I set the tv up.

Collapse -
Re: Once again
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 20, 2013 2:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Once again
Collapse -
Once again..
by netranger6 / September 21, 2013 1:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Once again

Well that explains a lot, no wonder it worked when I had cable direct. Wonder, if I leave television set up with set top box hdmi, then attach cable to the antenna, and re-run setup for ON TV, if it will then work?? Or will it be confused?

Collapse -
Re: Once again..
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 23, 2013 12:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Once again..

Hi netranger6,

I am glad the links were helpful for you. I cannot guarantee that having both the HDMI and cable connections will allow the On TV feature to work, but this is worth a try.

Regards,
HD Tech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.