Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

Can I use Wordpress for a Business Website

by Aleina_Perez / March 20, 2013 11:25 PM PDT

Hi all,
I am debating weather I use WordPress, Drupal or Joomla for a Business Website.

The site is mainly a Brochureware one no fancy functionality required - in fact Word Press would be fine.

I guess where the concern since WordPress started as a Blogging tool, does it look unprofessional, will search engines treat it any differently.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can I use Wordpress for a Business Website
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can I use Wordpress for a Business Website
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
I'm thinking -> Good idea.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2013 3:18 AM PDT
Collapse -
Wordpress is Best in case of CMS management!
by wetkon / March 29, 2013 10:53 PM PDT

Hi Aleina

Yes Off course, You can use wordpress CMS for your business website! its very easy to update content and to manage things!

Its very easy to learn also, you just spend one hour inside of Admin Panel of Your Wordpress Website, and you feel yourself how easy is that!

What you can do easily in Wordpress:
1. Create Pages and customize content
2. Create Posts and customize content
3. Use SEO plugins to do SEO, so you dont any company to do SEO for you!
4. Manage Page Order and create Custom Menus
5. Each and Everything you can manage from Wordpress

I am Wordpress User & developer too, And running more then 20 of my websites in wordpress!

And in case you gotta need anything, you can access me- Wetkon Web technology!

All Answers

Collapse -
Yes, you can
by Sovereign Forum moderator / March 21, 2013 4:50 AM PDT

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you call your website a blog, a Web application, a shopping cart or whatnot, to a search engine, a page is a page. Now, it is true that some systems are optimized better for search out of the box than others, but any one of those has the ability to do great with a plugin or some tweaking.

Seeing as your website has such simple requirements, I do think WordPress is the most user-friendly in terms of managing website content, so not only can you get it up and running quickly, but maintenance will be a breeze.

Collapse -
Wordpress is good for business
by smartone78 / March 28, 2013 10:25 PM PDT

I built 2 word press websites one of them to show offers and coupons,the other one for real estate agency (selling renting properties). What can i say that word press is a good choice! You have to read about how to optimize it for SEO!

For me i like word press. It is easy to be developed,and many free plugins (which can save you time and work) are available!

Collapse -
by natylkab / June 14, 2013 2:44 AM PDT

I think without any problem you can use WordPres

Collapse -
Wordpress for business
by InMotionHosting / June 14, 2013 5:31 AM PDT

You would be surprised how many businesses are running WordPress. Check out this WordPress site for the Daily Star.

That is a business WordPress site on steroids. Its a professional News Paper in Bangladesh that gets tons of traffic. So proof in point WordPress can run a business site excellently.

You can get free business templates at various places. Below are some sites that offer business templates for WordPress.

I would Google more free templates to find business templates for WordPress.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.