LG

Question

Can I use 1TB or 2TB ExHDD on my LG lm6400 3d tv

by living4angel / October 15, 2012 11:46 PM PDT

I wanna buy 2 external HDDs of 1 TB n 2 TB, can my lg lw6400 3d and lm6400 42" read them, I wanna watch movies from them. Does it matter that they should in USB 2.0 bcoz nowadays all HDDs r USB 3. (currently my 500GB eHdd works fine, but don't know about 1TB). Plz reply

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can I use 1TB or 2TB ExHDD on my LG lm6400 3d tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can I use 1TB or 2TB ExHDD on my LG lm6400 3d tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I do not own this model.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 16, 2012 2:30 AM PDT

But have read where 500GB units are the most likely to work across many sets. Keep in mind this is a TV and not a PC.

-> Time to pick up the phone and call LG.
Bob

Collapse -
Lg CC said "we don't know sir :(
by living4angel / October 16, 2012 4:42 AM PDT

I called them but they said that sir 500gb will definitely work but can't say about 1 or 2TB Sad Thats not good, as what I expected from customer care!

Collapse -
They can't know. Here's why.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 16, 2012 4:51 AM PDT

There are some thousand models and formats available in these external HDDs. While I think it's great they are using a somewhat standard USB HDD the consumers are not going to be happy that not all USB drives you can buy are untested.

I've often thought that maybe it would be better for folk like you that LG offer drives that are certified and cost a bit more so the answer is "Our drives at this web site are certified. All others will be for others to test."

At least this gets those that don't want to try out drives out of the woods.
Bob

PS. I half expected that answer.

Collapse -
I have decided to buy both WD PASSPORT eHDD
by living4angel / October 16, 2012 5:05 AM PDT

Buying both 1 TB n 2 TB, someone have to test it n I'm doing it for the rest of humanity Silly

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.