Samsung forum

Can I connect wireless keyboard with my Samsung Smart TV

by moncytvs / September 16, 2012 7:11 PM PDT

I own a Samsung smart TV (model number is:UA32ES5600R) Now i'm accessing internet by connecting wired keyboard. I wish i could use a wireless keyboard with my tv. Can I use any of the wireless keyboards available in the market with my TV. I don't want to waste money, if it isn't compatible with my TV.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can I connect wireless keyboard with my Samsung Smart TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can I connect wireless keyboard with my Samsung Smart TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
So far,
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 17, 2012 9:21 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: Can I connect wireless keyboard with my Samsung Smart TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 18, 2012 12:59 AM PDT
In reply to: So far,

Hi Bob and moncytvs,

Since there's some doubt about compatibility, I checked the user's manual in English for that model. It like all 2012 US models has support for keyboard and mouse compatibility as long as they are USB and HID-compatible.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Samsung Smart TV wireless keyboard
by sigpisig / November 3, 2012 7:37 AM PDT

We had the same need on an UN32E5300. After hours of digging online finally went and bough two wireless keyboards. The Logitech k360 works in the web browser, basically like the Samsung does on the higher end tv's but for $30 instead of $100. Hope this helps someone out there.

Collapse -
Logitech with Samsung -possible newbie confession
by smiley3000 / November 3, 2012 12:55 PM PDT

Got a new smart tv with smart hub (un46es6150, i think). Bought a Logitech K750 (solar keyboard) so I could enter addresses in the built-in browser. After punching in the teeny usb receiver, I found that the TV responded to RET, ESC, direction keys, but I couldn't enter text even when the address box was highlighted with a blinking cursor.

It feels like I left out a step, but neither manufacturer seems to cover the situation (again, unless I'm missing something obvious). I don't have anything with Android or Apple as Samsung seems to prefer, but sending characters should be vanilla.

What am I missing?

Collapse -
Also interested in wireless keyboard
by MLKF62 / November 7, 2012 1:55 PM PST

I have a Series 6150 also. The remote is so cumbersome. I talked with Samsung early on and was told there would be a wireless keyboard. Turns out they never made the one that would work this this model. I would be interested in any options out there- this is so frustrating! Almost not worth buying the TV

Collapse -
Someday the message will get to the Smart TV makers.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 7, 2012 2:13 PM PST

Offer a keyboard for folk that don't want to try the ones they have or in the stores.

Even if it's 199 bucks, it removes the objection.

Collapse -
Answer to Keyboard question
by swjtx99 / November 26, 2012 9:20 PM PST

I had the same "keyboard/mouse" issue with a UN46ES6100 Samsung Smart TV.

Searched on-line for hours for a solution and found none. Finally, I took my Logitech Unifying Receiver that is paired to my K800 Keyboard and Logitech Anywhere MX Mouse, plugged it in to the back of the TV and everything worked. Wanting a dedicated Keyboard, I went to Office Depot and bought the Logitech K400 Keyboard on sale for $29.99 which is an integrated keyboard (had a mouse touch-pad) and it also worked just fine. Only issue is that the K400 is not a backlit keyboard. Everything works fine in the browser and in navigating the smarthub. Haven't tried within Netflix as I don't have an account.

Collapse -
Smart TV APP
by TicketsBenidorm / May 11, 2013 7:29 PM PDT

Dont forget that you can download the free Samsung Smart TV Remote Control App. It acts like a mouse and keyboard when needed. I use it all the time and its great. Much better than spending all that money on a Keyboard that may/may not work.

Collapse -
key board issues- smart TV app
by 54mimi / May 29, 2013 2:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Smart TV APP

I downloaded this app to my Sony tablet and now can control the volume and change channels but I can't use it as a keyboard to access the internet through my Samsung Smart tv. Any tips on how to do this?

Collapse -
Wireless Keyboard connection to TV
by arscotts / January 2, 2014 12:25 PM PST

I just purchased the same Logitech keyboard, however i connected to the USB port while still in TV mode and the remote stopped working until I removed the USB from the TV. Please advise exactly what you did to make the connection.

Collapse -
This thread is more than 473 days old.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 3, 2014 1:43 AM PST

This thread is more than 473 days old. I'd start a new discussion and add full details of model number and hope for a reply. Here the remotes have been fine so let's not hold this new issue and discussion in someone's old discussion.

Collapse -
Samsung TV/wireless keyboard
by Jelyben20736 / May 21, 2014 7:19 AM PDT

I just bought a 50" Samsung model un50h5500, this is a wifi model with the quad processor. Very nice TV, very happy with it thus far. Came from Costco for $699.00. I just plugged in an old Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse and it works super great! Really cool now, and the processor in the tv is quick. What a total package I have working with it. I can sit in bed get my emails watch cnbc, pull up my schwab account, this is really cool. going to add wireless speakers. Have not decided if I am going to use samsung or onos, will let you know if anyone expresses and interest. Good luck!

Collapse -
not so lucky with wireless keyboard.
by nlenet / June 22, 2014 9:47 AM PDT

I just tried to use an old Microsoft wireless keyboard and nothing happened. Do I have to tell the TV it's there, somehow? Do I plug in the receiver from back when it was used on a computer? Or is it just the new batteries in the keyboard weren't so new after all.

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 22, 2014 11:57 AM PDT

Why let old or new batteries muddy the effort? Also, it may not be HID or you didn't try all USB ports. Too muddy to tell what happened. Try a WIRED USB KEYBOARD first.

Collapse -
Thanks for your reply
by nlenet / June 28, 2014 12:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Odd.

Actually, shortly after I posted, I thought the same thing. Took a couple of days to find one in the "old computer parts" at work. That DOES work on the TV, but not terribly convenient (I'd have to stand at the TV to use it). But it did serve 2 purposes. One, it inspired me to actually FIND the travel mouse I had and have been meaning to find for a couple of years. That also worked on the TV. So that was great. Unfortunately, due to the very basic nature of the browser, it does not work for the website I wanted to use it most (a particular account). The rest of the browser reminds me way too much of my m-in-law's old WebTV that drove me nuts; so slow and trying to pull up pictures, by #2 it would crash for lack of memory. So I don't need to bother figuring out the wireless version.

Thanks again, though.

Collapse -
That browser is so 1998.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 28, 2014 2:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks for your reply

It's pretty sad compared to any other device today that it's hardly useful. It needs replacing. However Samsung seems pretty slow in that area and there are a few hundred patents that stand in the way. Let's hope they sort it out but I fear it may come with their TIZEN effort but that won't help the million TVs so far.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.