Laptops forum

Question

Can I connect my Acer Aspire One to my LG HD tv?

by Zannee1963 / December 5, 2011 6:39 AM PST

I am tired of paying for cable and internet. Can I watch my HD tv through my netbook if I get an HDMI cable?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can I connect my Acer Aspire One to my LG HD tv?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can I connect my Acer Aspire One to my LG HD tv?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Connect Acer to TV
by answermethis / March 5, 2012 2:43 AM PST

what do I need to connect my ACER PC to my Samsung flatscreen HD TV. I have cable. I would also like to know if I can use my wireless mouse with this setup.
Thanks

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: TV
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 5, 2011 6:43 AM PST

Yes, you can connect your Acer to your TV. Then you can see on your TV all you can see on your Acer now. But without Internet and cable that might be rather limited.

Kees

Collapse -
Tv
by Zannee1963 / December 5, 2011 9:16 AM PST
In reply to: Re: TV

Oh I meant that I would keep my internet service, just get rid of cable. Thanks so much for the answer. Do you know if I just need to get an HDMI cable?

Collapse -
Re: Internet
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 5, 2011 4:16 PM PST
In reply to: Tv

Then you would be able to see all content that can be seen via Internet. That might be less than you currently get via cable. But that's up to you.

There's a good chance that all you need is that HDMI-cable. Worth a try.

Kees

Collapse -
Alternate method
by Aseriesguy / January 31, 2012 5:59 AM PST
In reply to: Tv

If all you want is internet content on your TV get a SONY BX58 Blu-Ray player. It comes with WiFi and connects to gobs of internet multimedia services and it can stream from PCs and other devices on your home network. I can even control mine with my Android smartphone.

Collapse -
LG to ACER - No Sound :((
by itswatsonmydear / February 17, 2012 12:51 PM PST
In reply to: Re: TV

<b>So my LG LCD tv is connected to my Acer Veriton X498G and it doesn't have any sound Cry only when I just switch to tv mode. I have checked any and every video input, output, setting, cord, website, document, how to guide, instruction book there is on this issue. None of which are helping Angry I'm trying to be able to listen to music, watch a movie, anything with sound. The input source when connecting to the PC is of course RGB-PC. I've been told HDMI cords work but they haven't with this one. I did have this issue with the previous computer as well but I've upgraded to the Acer and it is still not allowing sound to come out when using that particular output (RGB-PC) but it does when using Input Source: TV in the menue. Any assistance would be great, my boyfriends is a huge geek about computers, geek said with the up most respect Happy but we both have a habit of over looking things so I'm wondering if you have any incite on this issue. Thanks in advance</b>

Collapse -
Answer
HDMI CONNECTION
by nile57 / December 13, 2011 6:34 AM PST

I also have an Acer PC with an Hdmi connection I am going to attempt to connect it to my Sony's TV Hdmi receptable, not sure if my Acer has a TV tuner. If not I will attemp to install the pci card required. However you will need an adapter for for your TV if you don't have a cable box. Lots of luck. Don

Collapse -
Laptop-Notebook-Netbook HDMI to TV
by Aseriesguy / January 31, 2012 5:55 AM PST
In reply to: HDMI CONNECTION

I've been running an HDMI cable from my MSI gaming notebook to my Insignia TV for a couple years. It works great. Once you figure out how to redirect the sound to the HDMI interface that is the only cable you need.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.